Chapter Three

Chapter Three

We had just walked into the classroom when I spotted Liam sitting at our table giving us a questionable look and I gave him a weak smile. The sight of Zayn and I walking in together must have been strange. I would have thought so myself.

Class went on for a little while when Principal Styles walked into the room. Mrs. Hallowell stopped her lesson to devote her attention to him. It wasn't every day the principal arrived in class to deliver some news or whatever it was he was doing. Usually, he'd either call over the phone or send someone to relay his message.

She beamed at him. "Oh! hello, Principal Styles. Is there something you needed?" She asked sweetly. She smiled at him and I suspiciously wondered if there was something between them. I could tell Liam was thinking the same thing as he wiggled his eyebrows at me. I couldn't hold back the giggles that escaped my lips which in turn attracted the attention of Zayn.

He directed his attention towards me before sending me a glare. I instantly frowned. What was up with him? Better question, what wasn't up with him? Most likely, he was born with an anger problem. I didn't have much time to ponder on the thought before Principal Styles answered Mrs. Hallowell's question.

"Could borrow miss Young for a moment?" He asked with a kind smile.

"Yes, of course." Mrs. Hollowell said.

My eyes widened for a moment before I stood up and made my way towards Principal Styles. Why in the world would he want to see me? Or borrow me? I had never been in trouble in my entire life. I was always a good student, who at least made decent grades. Granted, mom had talked with him about me being bullied but that hadn't been discussed yet this year. Let's hope she didn't.

What does he need me for? Everyone was looking at me and I didn't like being the center of attention. Rumors would start that I was either in trouble for something or telling on some of my tormentors. I wasn't sure which was worse. As we were making our way out the door, I heard a chair screeching across the floor. Before I could turn around to see who had caused the noise I heard Zayn's rude voice.

"Wait up, old man. I'm coming to."

My eyes widened at his choice of words and glance at Principal Styles to see what his reaction was but his face was emotionless. Why would you call the principal an old man?! He didn't even look that old. Apparently, Zayn took the bad boy role very seriously. Now, why would he want to come with us? Surely Principal Styles wouldn't allow this, right?

"Wait, Zayn! You don't have permission to go with them." Mrs. Hallowell scolded sternly.

Thank you, Mrs. Hallowell. My unsung hero.

Principal Styles held up his hand at her. "It's alright, Mrs. Hallowell. I need to discuss a few things with him anyway." He stated kindly but I could see the annoyance in his eyes.

Thanks for nothing, Mrs. Hallowell. Oh, and you too, Principal Styles.

What could he possibly have to discuss with Zayn that had to be done with me present? Actually, why would he even allow him to come at all? Since when could he demand to go wherever he wanted? Why would he even want to? Spying for Melinda perhaps? My stomach churned at the thought. Ignoring the feeling in the pit of my stomach, I kept up with Principal Styles as we made our way down the hallway. I couldn't help but notice Zayn made it a point to stay right beside me. Did he think I was going to try and make a break for it or something? That was absurd as I didn't even know where we were going.

I was curious as to where we were going, though. Also, once more, Zayn was just allowed to get up and go where he pleased. As well as to talk to the Principal like that. I knew he was a bad boy but come on. He shouldn't be able to get away with such antics. Out of the corner of my eyes, I caught him staring at me briefly. Once he saw he'd caught my attention he turned away quickly. I lifted an eyebrow but didn't make any moves to question him. Why was he staring? Was there something on my face? I didn't believe so. He'd been acting weird all day so I shouldn't be surprised he was acting even weirder now. Being a little nicer to me earlier was weird enough. Now, this? Was there a full moon out tonight or something?