Chapter One Hundred-Five

It can be so funny how time changes even in the span of a month. Things had been so hard when Kenneth had finally been able to post bail. As expected he'd gone back to both our home and Kaylin's assuring that we couldn't stay there. Eric and Alec had made good on their promises we could stay with them. Something told us Alec was very happy to have us there as small as the house was.

The idea of Mom staying at his home was excited yet worrisome. If Kenneth found out he'd be beyond angry. I'd found during my visit there I loved it. The house was small but neat and cozy. It just seemed so Alec as weird as that sounded. I was rather excited to stay there myself. Admittedly I knew a part of me wanted to know what it felt like to live with as a family.

"I can't believe we're actually doing this," Mom spoke to the rest of us as we'd packed for the trip.

"Me either but we are," Kaylin laughed.

I understood she had reservations about going as we all did but we also understood it was for our safety. Kenneth would definitely go home or to Kaylin's to look for us. It wouldn't be above him to get violent and attempt to gain entry to us. I also didn't know for sure he wouldn't attack us again. You just couldn't put anything past him and especially when she left him.

It was funny to think we'd be staying with her ex-boyfriend and my possible father. However, this was the beginning of something I was sure of it. I also found myself to be a bundle of nerves as we prepared to head over there. Would we continue to be making memories in this house together?

Alec had been standing in the driveway waiting for us to arrive with a big smile on his face. How long had he been standing there? I wondered if he was as excited and relieved as I was. If nothing else we were here for the moment. Alec had helped Liam carry in the heavy stuff even when we hadn't brought that much with us. Us ladies had carried the lightest objects to be helpful.

"My home is your home," Alec smiled.

"You sure you want us all staying here?" Kaylin frowned.

"Of course. My house isn't that small," he chuckled.

"Yes but there's a lot of us."

"Your just four extra people and maybe I need some company. Even a small house can get lonely for one person."

I'd remembered what Kenneth had said to him about not having a family of his own. Did he hope to have a wife and children of his own? If so why didn't he? Surely he hadn't been holding out hope for Mom and me all these years. No matter what he felt about us he still could have married and had a family of his own. Did he even date? He was a handsome man and could get a woman if he wanted.

Truly it must get lonely being here alone. Perhaps he truly did enjoy our company. No one should be lonely and especially not him. I'd decided he was too good of a person for that. His loneliness could be remedied with our stay here. I decided to try and spend a lot of time with him.

"Thank you for doing this, "Mom smiled.

"You don't have to thank me. I promise I'll love having you here," he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"This is crazy. Were getting to stay at a teacher's house and probably the principal's house. Maggie was so disappointed she couldn't come tonight," Liam chuckled.

"She'll have time. They all will."

It certainly wasn't something I'd ever expected to be doing either but here we were. It had been such a fun few days. With Alec's permission, we'd looked through all the photos Alec had of us as children. The memories held in those photos were incredible. Likewise, I loved knowing how connected Alec had always been in our lives even when I hadn't known him.