Chapter Sixty-Six

Chapter Sixty-Six

I was still rubbing the side of my head as we sat in Liam's car on the way to Sunny's school. "How does Adam manage to hit both of us with a basketball?" Liam complained.

Maggie had come with us as well as we were deciding whether or not to take them both home first or take them with us to get the breaks fixed.

It was true that Adam had somehow managed to hit both Liam and me with the same basketball at the same time. It wouldn't surprise me if Emma didn't dare him to do it. Sounded like something she'd do. Though, if that were the case I couldn't see the reason for him apologizing afterward.

"Maybe Emma told him to," Maggie suggested showing she and I thought alike.

"Yeah you didn't get hit by it," Liam pointed out.

"That's because I ducked and warned you."

"Liam and Ariel does not exactly count as a warning," I chuckled.

"Sorry," she shrugged her shoulders.

When we arrived at Sunny's school she was seated on a bench waiting for us. Neither Reggie nor Nick were with her and that could only mean they hadn't talked yet. I was going to kick both of their butts if they didn't stop forcing her to take all the blame herself. That or get Liam too. Or maybe Zayn.

I smiled at her as she got in the car beside me. "Thanks for coming to get me," she smiled.

"No problem," Liam smiled.

"How was your day?" Maggie asked.

"Lonely," she admitted.

"They still aren't talking?" Liam questioned.

"No, and I've kind of given up trying".

"I'm going to have a talk with them," he sighed.

"Yes you are," I agreed.

"So we're going by to get my breaks worked on. You want to go or do you want me to take you home."

"I'll go," Maggie smiled.

"Why not? Not like anyone at homes paying attention anyway," She frowned.

I placed my hand on hers and she turned to look at me. A smile reached my face and thankfully she returned it.

"Alright then looks like we're all going," Liam laughed.

"You don't' sound too happy about that," Maggie chuckled.

"Yeah because of this keeps up it's just going to be and a bunch of girls. I'm seriously in a good mind to go talk to those knuckleheads myself."

Maybe he could actually get through to them since my words apparently hadn't. I missed them and missed us all being together and hoped this could all end soon. Now I couldn't help but feel a bit of guilt myself. if I hadn't of ran from the room and made a big deal out of it no one would have known. All this drama could have been avoided and we could still be friends just like we were

We could have worked it out together and Nick wouldn't have found out this way. So many things could have turned out differently. Only they hadn't and none of us could have known how it would have turned out. What we could do was choose how we were going to get through it and do differently moving forward. For their sake and Sunny's I hoped they did before it was too late.

When we arrived at the local car garage, Sam's Body Shop, I didn't pay much attention as Liam gestured for the three of us to go inside ahead of him while he went up to the counter to explain what was going on with his car. We seated ourselves in the chairs near the window so I could look out. Sunny flipped through a makeup magazine and begin making comments to us. Maggie seemed genuinely interested in what she was saying and I tried to be but something caught my eye.