Chapter Eighty-One

Chapter Eighty-One

"I can't believe you," I glared at Maggie as we walked away.

"What? I thought he was taking pictures of us and he was Jane Doe." she defended.

"You stole his phone and accused him of being a pervert," Sunny pointed out.

"What Ariel did was worse," she pointed at me.

"Where did you guys go?" Zayn questioned coming to stand beside us.

"We were looking for Jane Doe," I glared.

"Doing so apparently involves jerking phones out of innocent people's hands and looking at their pictures," Sunny added with even less amusement in her tone.

Zayn looked to us in confusion and I quietly explained it to him and a chuckle escaped his lips. "Maggie never knew you had it in you."

"Shut up." She grumbled.

Well at least she was trying to do something and it was an honest mistake. I didn't know if I'd have been able to confront a stranger I thought might be Jane Doe or not. Even more embarrassing when it wasn't, I didn't know if I could handle that. Maybe doing this all alone wasn't the best idea.

"So we still don't know who he is and you still haven't texted him," he turned to me.

"Right and I hadn't planned to but now I'm rethinking it."

"You don't exactly want to play into his hands though do you?"

"I can't just change my number either because he found it before and I think he could again. Now that he's following me again or maybe he never stopped I don't want to nor have his number. I'd rather be able to know what he's doing."

"That's also sounding like feeding an obsession," Zayn pointed out.

"I am not obsessed with Jane Doe," I defended.

"Or should we just call him John Doe now? Or maybe the body," Maggie sulked.

"No but he's obsessed with you and if you're not careful you might become obsessed with him.."

He was right once again. If I became so frightened of this guy I'd start looking over my shoulder a lot more and thinking of him. I did want to know who he was and how he came to know me. He claimed to want me to know him though he held back for now. I wondered why.

"I won't become obsessed with him but I would like to know who he was and why he's obsessed with me. If he wants my attention he has it but he always has. I do think about him but it's not an obsession."

I'd been able to placate by continuing to text with him and he was reacting this way once I stopped. However, he was the one one who'd made me stop, to begin with by making me think he'd harmed Miles. Did he think I'd text him after doing something like that? That was a horrible thing to do and he should have realized that.

"How could you be obsessed with someone you don't know anyway?" Maggie mused.

"Weirder things have happened," Zayn replied.

"So what are we going to do?" Sunny asked and I wished she hadn't.

Hopefully, they wouldn't have to be doing anything. My problems didn't necessarily have to be their problems even if they helped me. I still wasn't certain how much I'd allow them to help me or how much help they'd force on me against my will.

"First of all, you need to let everyone else know this is going on. No more keeping things from anyone just to be safe. Make sure you're watching your surroundings just in case. Better to be safe than sorry." Zayn commanded and I turned to him.