Chapter One hundred Two

Chapter One Hundred Two

Did I want to take a walk with Miles? I was surprised he was even asking me this. This party was for me after all and I wasn't sure they would appreciate me abandoning them to go for a walk. However, I realized even the briefest moment he'd seen his dad upset him enough he'd ask. Worse he was asking me with an audience and I felt the pressure with how I should answer.

At least I didn't have to worry about what Zayn and Melinda would think or say since they'd gone outside. I tried to ignore the others gazes but caught sight of Lita's glare toward me. I'd allowed her to interrupt our conversation before and maybe it was a good thing she had but not this time. I couldn't make Miles feel worse because of how she would feel. Although I couldn't just leave either. I didn't want to be rude to everyone else by just leaving after what they did for me.

"Sure but I don't know if I can just leave. This party is for me."

"You think anyone's going to notice realistically?" Adam interjected and Emma and Lita both shot him a glare.

"They will eventually," I pointed out.

"I'm sure they won't mind if we step out a few minutes," Miles offered hopefully.

"Maybe you should ask first," Liam suggested pointedly.

Here he was being the big brother now when I didn't need him to be. It was still sweet but Miles needed me right now. I guess big brothers really could be as annoyingly protective as they've been described in books and movies. Despite my annoyance, I couldn't help but smile at him a little.

"We need to ask your permission?" Miles turned to him.

"Actually I was referring to the adults in our lives but yeah maybe me too."

"Children," Reggie muttered.

"They are still seventeen," Sunny pointed out.

"Teenagers not children but they're acting like children," he argued.

"We're not the ones acting like children. Liam is treating me like one."

"All I'm saying is that these adults and especially Alec ordered this food and planned this party for you so the least you can do is tell them where you're going. At least your mom. Although it is a little uncomfortable for you to be going outside in the dark. Both of you should know with him being out there. You need to be careful," he pointed out, and again he had a point.

Jane Doe was someone I had to consider dangerous and going out even with Miles could be considered dangerous. Somehow I had a feeling he wouldn't attack me out there tonight if I went with Miles. It wasn't as if I thought my ex could protect me from anything but I felt Jane Doe would not come for us, for me tonight. Besides that, Liam did have other points.

We should tell someone where we're going not only because it was polite but to be safe. Everyone deserved to know where we were and I didn't want them to think I wasn't grateful. So I decided I'd step out for a minute to take a walk then I'd come back in and attempt o enjoy the rest of this celebration. I turned putting my hand on Liam's shoulder.

"Thank you, you're right. We'll just step out for a minute and take a walk down to the end of the road and I'll tell them first."

"Okay," He nodded still not completely happy but he did seem a little more relaxed at least.

"Leaving your own party? I called James a party pooper before but the real party pooper is you," Nick commented.

"Nick," Maggie hissed.

"What? She's abandoning us."

"I'm stepping out for a minute and I'll be back," I defended.

"Aris the abandoner," he continued to taunt.