chapter three

. ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄

 ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄

 ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄━━━━┅━━━CHAPTER THREEThe Goodbyes━━━━┅━━━

. ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄
━━━━┅━━━
CHAPTER THREE
The Goodbyes
━━━━┅━━━

KANG Y/N

I was definitely starting to get nervous as I waited for Jisung to walk in and cry his eyes out. There was no doubt in mind that he was going to be defeated. He would be mad too.

He wouldn't understand, he would ask why I would volunteer for someone I didn't even know. In return, I would not be able to explain the deal to him and that would lead to him being sad again. But better sad than dead.

Jisung was protective of me and he would be again now. Just like he had been this morning when he had said that he wanted to act like the older brother.

A minute passed with me just pacing about the room, thinking about the probability of me returning on the train and not in a body bag.

I basically had zero chances because even Jungkook looked strong AND there were bound to be a lot of volunteers this year. There had to be.

Finally, the door opened and in came... Tuan Jisoo?

I liked Jisoo but I didn't understand why she was here, we had never had a proper conversation before. Maybe she was here to thank me? I had, after all, volunteered for her. So, in other words, I had saved her life.

She walked towards me and I just stared at her, unsure of what to do or say. Without any hesitation, she hugged me tightly and I awkwardly hugged back. She was warm and the hug felt comforting.

"Thank you Unnie, I will repay you with my blood, my sweat, and my tears," Jisoo whispered into the hug and I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. Why was I even crying?

I should have gotten to know her, I could have had a friend. She was twelve and I was fifteen, almost sixteen, we could have been best friends.

If only...