chapter three

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
CHAPTER THREE
THE TRUTH UNTOLD

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆CHAPTER THREETHE TRUTH UNTOLD

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

KIM TAEHYUNG

He had been barely four years old when the capital had taken him family and his from their homes in district twelve. At the time, he didn't know what was going on, or, what was going to happen them.

Still, even then, he hadn't felt like their move to the Capital had been a good one. Partly, because Areum hadn't come with them, but also, because Taehyung felt that there was something wrong going on there.

His little sister, Areum, had been sick and so the people of the Capital had let her remain in District thirteen. Taehyung only knew that she had been put under special supervision.

Back then, it was clear that Areum wasn't going to be able to hang on much longer, so the people in the capital didn't really have much use for her anyway.

Taehyung realized that he should have noticed how wrong their reasoning was then. But how could he have? He had been but a child.

When they didn't need someone, they left them behind. Areum hadn't been needed and so, she had been left behind.

The same could not be said about him and his parents, no, everything was different for them. They were needed.

Taehyung hadn't know why all of this was happening, but while in captivity, he had found out that his mother had meddled in things she definitely shouldn't have. She had meddled in bad things.

While doing so, she had involved his father. It hadn't taken them long to make discoveries that turned heads.

Their discoveries had drawn attention to their humble abode in District twelve.