chapter twenty four - unedited

chapter twenty-four: the son
UNEDITED—

KIM NAMJOON

I stared at the screen in front of me, sinking deeply into my thoughts.

Everything looked to be going swimmingly on the surface, but I knew that I wasn't the case.

The resolve of my members was waining and it was all because of that one girl. She was definitely a huge problem.

I'd admit to having watched her closely, but only because her way of seeing things intrigued me.

Her act was innocent and I could tell that she was portraying it well enough, but once you looked closely you could clearly see why.

The innocence she was showing off to the capital was all just a mask to hide from the other tributes how innocent she truly was. She would have had no chance if she continued with her true kind of playful innocence.

But now, she looked to be a player, a real contestant for the other tributes.

She wasn't great at acting like Jung Lilli, the only tribute that not only fooled me by also the capital and the entirety of the other tributes.

Kang Y/n was a spark of hope, disguised as one of the tributes that were bound to lose their lives in these games.

That made her dangerous for my mother and I knew that my mother had noticed her too.

Sooner or later, my mother would intervene and cause an 'accident' that would tragically take her life.

To my surprise, I found that I didn't really want that to happen.

Maybe it was because she was merely a sixteen-year-old girl, but something told me that Y/n dying in the arena would be wrong.

Very wrong.

Actually, everything causing her pain would seem wrong in my mind and I had absolutely no idea why.

I had to get her out of my head, it was time for my meeting with Oh Sehun, the victor from district eleven.

Y/n's district.

He had come up to me at the beginning of the games, telling me that there was an urgent matter that needed to be discussed.

Since Seokjin Hyung didn't look like he needed my help and Hoseok Hyung also didn't seem to be in any immediate danger, we agreed that we would meet in my office.

Of course, I knew that my mother was always watching, so I had to take precautions and cause a bit of a distraction in the arena.

I doubt that anyone will notice how soon 'the game-makers' decided to intervene.

There was a loud knock that signaled the arrival of Sehun. I told him to come in and he did, always nervously glancing around as if he was in danger of being spotted.

"What's wrong?" I furrowed my brows at his odd behavior, Sehun had always been a pretty calm and collected guy.

He sat down hurriedly after closing the door and checking the room for any type of surveillance.

"Before I tell you, I want you to promise me that you won't do anything about the issue until I tell you to." Sehun darkly and I could see a strong sense of protectiveness.

"Understood. What is it?" I had to know what was bothering him and after that, I would see if I really would keep that promise.

"Tzuyu, she's becoming suspicious of me. She's even contemplating telling her suspicions to the president." Sehun Hyung let out in a rush, clearly worried about my reaction.

He had a reason to be worried. If Tzuyu decided to go to my mother then I would have no choice but to get rid of her.

Some downsides came with getting rid of Chou Tzuyu of course. Them majorly being Sehun and Kai, who seemed protective of the female.

Naturally, Kai would worry about his dead ex-girlfriend's sister and Sehun seemed to be in a relationship with the female victor.

"Why won't she join?" I asked because it really bothered me. Her sister had died in the arena and she still wasn't ready to stand up against the capital. Tzuyu-Ssi definitely was a complicated one.

"She hates the capital, but her sister warned against ever joining. Also, she knows that if she did join, Y/n probably wouldn't make it out of the arena." Sehun explained and I looked at him curiously.

Y/n?

"Come on Namjoon, you know how everyone reacts to Y/n, Tzuyu is exactly the same," Sehun said out in exasperation, crinkling his nose slightly.

"What does the female tribute from district eleven have to do with anything?" I asked with as little emotion as possible. We wouldn't want Sehun speculating anything.

Sehun let out a loud laugh put his hands onto his face.

"Maybe I would have believed that you have no idea what Y/n had to with anything, if you didn't have a photo of her on your screen at the moment." Sehun pointed out with an evil grin.

Oh well.

"I was looking for the weaknesses of all the tributes." I tied to explain.

"Ahh, I can help with that." Sehun snatched the screen from the desk and went to look at the pictures from my members.

He stopped when he found Seokjin Hyung.

"His weakness is Y/n." He pointed to Jin and swiped forward again to Yoongi Hyung.

"Here it's a bit too obvious that it's also Y/n." He grinned and continued with Hoseok Hyung.

"What a coinki-dinki, Hoseok's weakness is also Y/n." Sehun let out a laugh but there was no real amusement.

I snatched the screen from his hands and put it down on the desk again. "I understand your point, but wouldn't go to the extent to call her a weakness. They're just curious about her and if it really came down to it, they would definitely choose our plan over that girl."

"You might be right about that with Seokjin, Yoongi, and Hoseok, but can you still last the same about Jungkook?" Sehun asked and he had me there.

Because I wasn't sure, Jungkook had grown too attached to the girl from his district. I said nothing.

"Keep an eye on Tzuyu, tell me if her suspicions grow. Don't worry, I won't do anything for now."