chapter one

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
CHAPTER ONE
THE DEADLY NIGHT TERRORS

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆CHAPTER ONETHE DEADLY NIGHT TERRORS

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

KANG Y/N

I had always known how scary dreams really could be and no matter what anyone told me, I never underestimated their power. Maybe it was because people had once labeled me as the bringer of death, but I always knew that dreams and fears were dangerous.

They could do things to a person...

Despite everyone telling me that nightmares were only my 'imagination', it was always clear to me that that wasn't the case.

Dreams were weapons in themselves. If wielded correctly, they could inflict more damage than any deadly sword could.

What made nightmares even more dangerous was that you couldn't find them. You could fight against a sword, maybe with a sword of your own, or maybe, your reflexes were good enough and you could duck just in time.

Dreams weren't like that.

You couldn't stop them because no matter how long you fought against them, how long you tried to keep your eyes open, you would give in sooner or later.

Dreams - well, not all dreams, just a certain type, were not like that.

Nightmares. The night terrors that ruled ferociously and made sure to always pray on the weak.

Not exactly the physically weak, no, rather the ones who were at a mental disadvantage.

People like me, people who could no longer fight against the darkness. People who hated the very idea of themselves.

I was one of their victims, but I was sure that it didn't stop with me. No, people like Jin or Yoongi were surely also affected. None of them were safe from the deadly night terrors.

Sometimes I wondered, was I what they saw in their scary dreams? I was, after all, the person responsible for all of their misfortune.

Maybe their dreams were about me, or maybe they were about bad things happening to Jimin, I didn't know.