chapter six

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
CHAPTER SIX
THE TIME SPENT WITH KIM NAMJOON

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆CHAPTER SIXTHE TIME SPENT WITH KIM NAMJOON

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Namjoon wasn't being his usual moody self around me, instead, he was opting for silence, and occasional longing glances. Since I wasn't a big fan of talk either, the two of us spent our days together, enjoying the silence. Occasionally, a recovering Yoongi would join us, but he was still not well. His presence would just remind us of what we had lost.

At times, Yoongi would just collapse and fall into a deep sleep that no doctor could really explain. According to Baekhyun who had mastered the art of eavesdropping, his condition, whatever it was, was getting worse as well.

After Yoongi had yet again collapsed, Namjoon and I sat under the stairs, mulling over recent events in our minds. The small space under the stairs was what he considered to be his safe place. I preferred my own, of course, and would've chosen it over his, but I had decided to let it slide. For him.

Namjoon was pretty shaken, after all, more than I would have ever expected from him. In fact, I would even go as far as to say he had completely dropped his facade.

The time we spent together was good for the both of us. He got forgiveness from one person at least, and apparently, I was the only person who made him feel accepted. In return, Namjoon was able to help me stay calm when the feelings of guilt and self hatred crept up on me.

"The games really did mess us up bad, didn't they?" He asked with no emotion in his voice, his eyes blank and empty. I turned to look at him, really look at him for once. I found that I couldn't find it in myself to answer.

Namjoon's white hair looked exceptionally good, and even though his once tan skin had paled slightly, his healthy looking skin tone still stood out amongst the people of district thirteen. It wasn't the right time for me to notice, but even when in pain, Kim Namjoon was beautiful. I shook the thought away, once again focusing on his words.