chapter twenty six - unedited

chapter twenty-six: the first changes
UNEDITED—

JUNG HOSEOK

It was definitely hard pretending not to know anything when I actually knew pretty much everything.

Yoongi Hyung had disappeared to go 'hunting' and our little advisors in the capital refused to tell us where he had really gone.

I knew though, the moment he came back it was obvious that he had not been hunting.

After spending enough time with Yoongi Hyung I gathered enough to know that when he went hunting, he brought home prey.

This time he came back empty-handed, but with a plan to kill a tribute.

Apparently, Jung Lilli was now on his immediate kill list and I had a pretty good idea why.

Yoongi Hyung wasn't cold at all even though he acted like he was, beneath his cold outer exterior was a hidden softie.

That was the big difference between him and me.

He acted cold to conceal his soft side and I acted soft and kind to conceal my cold side.

It worked as well, no one probably assumed what was really going on in my head and no one would ever believe that Yoongi Hyung was actually a big softie.

It was easy for me to tell though, I had known him the longest out of everyone and visa versa.

He was looking for a certain someone, me being me, I also had a pretty idea when it came to who it could be.

It was one of my hidden hobbies to just observe people and it often turned out to be very useful indeed. Just like it was in Yoongi hyung's case.

Observing him gradually lead me to start observing her, but in a much more secretive way of course.

I was very confused when it came to Kang Y/n, why? Well, because I didn't really get why everyone seemed so intrigued by her.

It scared me a bit sometimes, was I really the only one who thought absolutely nothing of her?

Why is she so special? I don't see anything out of the ordinary...

The only thing worth notice about her was her age and maybe her high score at the private training evaluation.

Once again, I seemed the only one worried about her score. She was sixteen and able to get quite a score.

I wanted her out of the way, but because of Jungkook's crush, I was not allowed to do anything.

Not like I could do much with my leg injury. It wasn't major, but it sure did prevent me from running and exercising.

"You Doing Okay there Hyung?" Jimin asked as he made his way in my direction.

I nodded, not bothering to answer him.

Jimin scratched his neck somewhat awkwardly, before plopping down to sit down next to me.

"You should eat Hyung, we're leaving soon." He instructed, handing me a piece of wrapped beef.

I took it and nodded at him in thanks. "Why are we leaving?" I asked

"Yoongi Hyung wants to hunt this Lilli... and we have to do something before the viewers in the capital become restless." He answered back before taking a bite from his apple.

I turned to my food and started eating, but it was like I couldn't taste anything. There was no flavor.

It was not even an hour later when we set off into the woods, all of our supplies on our backs.

It was hard walking with a full load on my back, but we were used to hardships. So, we gritted our teeth and started hiking through the Forrest.

It was better like this anyway, we couldn't stay at the cornucopia for long anyway.

Namjoon has warned us about the capital getting bored already and it was our job to change that.

Apparently, we would put on a show with this Jung Lilli. I wouldn't mind killing her. But then again, I wouldn't mind killing anyone in here.

Well, all except maybe Yoongi Hyung.

"Hey snap out of your thoughts Hoseok! Now!" The voice of Oh Sehun Rang through my ear.

I lazily looked up and saw everyone around me tensing. Taehyung and Yoongi drew their weapons.

"Something is coming," Jin whispered looking off into the distance.

Then we heard it. The crackling of the fire was to be heard.

Coming from the far-right part of the woods, still fairly far away and definitely not a threat yet. For us.

Yoongi whispered something that sounded awfully a lot like 'Y/n'.

You have got to be kidding me...

Nevertheless, we continued to walk in the direction of the fire, why?

Well, you should ask Jin since apparently, he is now the smartest member.

After a while, the sound of heavy breathing could be made out and Jin Hyung immediately told us to stop and be quiet.

There was definitely something wrong.

"Someone's coming towards you, but let that person speak before you guys kill," Sehun instructed.

"Yah! Guys, wait before you do anything." I relayed Sehun's message to everyone. Of course, everyone except Taehyung and Yoongi Hyung nodded.

Taehyung was unpredictable and Yoongi Hyung was just Yoongi Hyung.

The sounds just got louder, as if the person slowly coming in our direction was trying to get our attention.

Screams of 'here I am' and 'come and get me' were usually not things you heard in the arena.

It made me oddly suspicious.

"I know that voice..." Yoongi Hyung trailed off, his expression contorting into one of disgust.

Well, who could it be? It definitely wasn't a female voice, so that crossed of Y/n and Jung Lilli.

"Who is it?" Jin asked, while Taehyung propped himself against a tree, a totally uninterested expression on his face.

"It's Byun Baekhyun," Sehun told me and I nodded, quite surprised.

Did Hyung know Baekhyun-ssi?

"It's that fucker Baekhyun and he's alone, meaning he left-"

Yoongi Hyung was cut off by a high feminine scream.

That was probably Y/n and at exactly that moment, Byun Baekhyun crashed through the trees.