act two

District Thirteen

District Thirteen

Y/n cried out in fear as she watched the scene unfold in front of her eyes. Here friends were dying in front of her, all because of her.

It's all your fault, Y/n. You did this.

The words were never spoken out loud, but they lingered in the air, or at least, that was what Y/n thought whenever someone looked at her.

Whenever Y/n closed her eyes, she could see and feel it. See her friends cry out and slowly, painfully, succumb and feel the guilt eating away at her.

Eating away at her sanity...

While having one of her episodes, Y/n though of Jisoo, Mark's sister. They hadn't been able to save her from district eleven. No one knew where she was now.

Y/n thought of her and with the though of her came the thought of her agonized screams of pain as she wandered around bloodly and completely on her own through dangerous woods.

She was going to die on her own, suffering and wondering why. All because of her.

Everything was her fault.

In her dreams she saw Sehun, BamBam and even Amber, suffering.

They were chained down in a capital room, all of them barely conscious as they were injected with various capital liquids. They were screaming, begging and crying for help.

Why? All because of her.

She was at fault, her mind screamed at her.

She was at fault for everything.

Lastly, Y/n saw Jimin. And she didn't see him only in particular place, no, Y/n saw Jimin everywhere.

Wherever she went, whenever, Park Jimin would be there too. Haunting her.

Deep down, Y/n knew he wasn't really there and that made it worse.

He wasn't really there because in reality, he was locked away in a horrible place.

Why? Because of her.

Y/n wanted him to blame her, scream at her and tell that it had been a mistake to save her.

She wanted him to do all of that. But he never would.

Why? Because he was gone.

In her mind, Jimin was never screaming or crying. He also wasn't dying, no, he was just staring at her with emptiness swirling in his gaze.

Sometimes a stray tear slid down his cheek, causing him to raise his heavily injured face. Their eyes would lock.

He was looking at her with hate, Y/n was sure of it.

He was looking at her with a question shining in his glistening eyes.

And Y/n was sure that he wanted to scream at her, shake her until he got the answer he deserved.

Because that question lingered in the air as well. And everyone was wondering the same thing. Y/n herself wanted to know why.

But no one could ever tell her. No one never seemed to want to tell her anything, least of all the answer to that particular question.

Why was she able to escape unharmed while so many innocent people suffered?

While so many better people suffered?

It was official, Kang Y/n hated herself for what she had done. Thoughts like that haunted her daily as she lay in the hospital in district thirteen, a mere shell of the girl she had been before.