chapter forty three - unedited

chapter forty-three: the final extraction pt. 2
UNEDITED—

PARK JIMIN

I was running now, desperately trying to make it before it was too late.

The others didn't know nor did they really have the power to do anything, it was their job to deal with Lee Taeyong after all.

But I knew, I knew of the hatred that Kim Jihal harbored towards Y/n and because of that, it wasn't hard to guess what her next move would be.

We had run into Jihal before and when she had barely escaped it became pretty clear to her that she wouldn't win.

Not if we were still alive after all.

Part of me pitied her, until I noticed that she was one of those people.

One of the people that would rather choose to drag someone with them into their death.

Tonight that wouldn't happen though, no, I was sure that Y/n would survive with us.

I would be her friend and she would laugh with us outside of the arena. As soon as I found her, everything would be perfect.

The stray tear that slid down my cheek was ignored by me as I kept pushing myself to run faster.

Faster, faster, and faster.

My legs hurt and the cut that I received from a cornered Taeyong was stinging immensely.

But the pain was easy to block out if you had something you had to do.

I did, I had to make sure Y/n was safe.

The torch in my hand that emitted yellow light was the only source of light in the sea of darkness that surrounded me.

If the yellow torch was to burn out then I wouldn't know what to do.

That wasn't new information anyway, I hardly ever knew what to do.

This was one of those situations, I had no idea what I was doing, yet here I was sprinting across the arena at a dangerous speed.

It reminded me of my mother telling me to always listen to my gut feeling as it was what made me special.

When I reached Y/n I could immediately tell that we were going to have various problems.

Her skin was pale and she was slowly losing blood from many wounds but at least she was alive.

And maybe she would be able to stay that way, at least until Namjoon Hyung came to save us.

I knew Namjoon wouldn't abandon me, he was my Hyung after all.

And if Y/n was with me, he would also save her because he was my Hyung.

He was a Hyung who always made sure that we were alright and he wouldn't stop today.

"Jimin? What?...are you an angel?" Her question was slurred, her eyelids drooping tiredly.