chapter nine

. ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄

 ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄

 ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄━━━━┅━━━CHAPTER NINEThe Parade ━━━━┅━━━

. ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄
━━━━┅━━━
CHAPTER NINE
The Parade
━━━━┅━━━

KANG Y/N

I looked up at Jungkook as he intertwined our hands, wanting to make eye contact, but he kept looking straight ahead. He was either shy of ignoring me, I suspected the latter.

Right, this is for his strategy...

Speaking of strategies, I put on my best innocent smile and started waving as if I was excited to be here. I wasn't, but I had always been good at smiling so...

The audience went wild and I didn't blame them as soon as I saw how we looked on a big screen.

My dress looked magical because of the glitter and Jungkook was naturally so stunning that his small makeover made him shine even more. Even I wanted to stop and stare at him some more.

"Focus on the crowd," he whispered huskily and I nodded and looked at the smiling capital people. I didn't want him to know that his whisper was making me nervous.

Jungkook did the opposite of me, he continued to stare at me as if his life depended on it.

Was that also part of his strategy?

I tried desperately not to let my blush show on my cheeks as Jungkook continued to stare at me with a fierce intensity.

The crowd continued to roar the names of the tributes and I was happy because mine was also among them.

Of course, Jungkook and the other five stunning boys had the biggest amount of admirers, but still.

I had a chance, one chance to return back home to Jisung. One chance that I was definitely going to take.

By sending another kiss at the crowd, I tried my best not to let my mind wander to Jungkook beside me.

If you come home, Jungkook won't come home and Jungkook is your friend.