chapter thirty one - unedited

chapter thirty-one: the doing of V
UNEDITED—

KIM TAEHYUNG

Having them kneel in front of me felt satisfying, god I couldn't wait to kill them.

Maybe I was a bit inhuman, but they definitely were a lot worse than me.

It just pained me to see that Taeyong guy get away, he deserved to die just as much as the twins did.

Yoongi Hyung obviously wanted to kill them as well, but too bad, I had found them first.

I was going to kill them, but I wasn't quite sure how.

Part of me wanted to drag it out slowly how the audience probably would want it, but the other part of me told me to meet up with the others as soon as possible.

Leaving Jimin and Jungkook with our stuff and Hoseok was probably not a good idea.

Especially when I knew that they wouldn't be able to bring themselves to kill either Baekhyun or Y/n.

Jimin was too soft for that, Hoseok too injured and Jungkook, he was just stupid for caring.

I couldn't completely blame him though, I knew how toxic it could be to spend time with people like Y/n.

Y/n wasn't like most of the people in the arena, she was different.

Not in a good way though, it will turn out to be her greatest weakness.

Because Y/n herself, is a weakness and not really anything else. Even though she might be able to use weapons, she wasn't great at it.

Even though she was smart, it wouldn't let her survive the arena.

The only thing keeping her alive at the moment was her way of thinking and seeing the world.

Maybe it was because she was still so young and she hadn't seen the terrors of the world yet.

"Get it over with!" Nikki, the female tribute spat at me. As I had expected, there was no fear to be found in her eyes.

If I wasn't mistaken- and I assumed that I wasn't, there was also excitement shining in the eyes of the twins.

The twins with their sick and twisted minds were yearning for death. How poetic.

Well, if they were looking for a sweet and quick death then they had come to the wrong person.

Instead of listening to the girl's command, I crouched down next to the two of them, still holding a blade to their throats.

"I think I'll take my time actually, there's no need to rush after all," I whispered dangerously, enjoying the look of fear that crossed over their features.

"I get that you like putting on a show, but Snap out of it crazy. You're from district twelve, don't become like those capital people. They want this. The president wants exactly this." Amber's voice sounded frantic in my ear, it was easy to make out the fear.

She knew of my condition after all, hell, almost everyone knew that I was crazy.

They thought that it would be a good idea to send a killing machine like me into the arena, too bad they can't control me.

I glanced at the twins with a crazy glint in my eyes, killing them was going to be so fun.

"Tell me... how would you like to die?" I asked them, twirling my blade in front of their eyes.

It was satisfying seeing them react like that, they knew that they deserved this. They had probably done the same to Y/n and now- it was happening to them.

There's nothing like Revenge...

"Hey hey! V-shit! Taehyung, it's time to get yourself together. Kill them quickly and find the other boys. Now!" Amber ordered crossly, but she couldn't hide her slip up.

V eh? Was I still V?

The alphabet number I had been given when the capital experimented with tracker Jacker venom.

You're not V.

I sighed, finally relenting. Amber Noona wasn't someone I wanted to get mad at me.

She was one of the few people I tolerated, apart from the boys at least.

"Too bad, I guess I'll put on a show the next time. Bye-bye, have fun in hell." I whistled at the twins and before either of them could react, Byung-Hoon was stabbed through the heart.

I sighed wearily as I waited for Nikki to scream and cry. I wanted to make her scream before I killed her.

"You know, you must be much kinder than I thought. I let your district partner slowly bleed out from her woun-" I killed her before she could even finish her sentence.

And naturally, the two canons sounded. This brought a smile to my lips.

My district partner was dead, I hadn't seen her in the Sky though.

Still, that meant that I was finally allowed to kill everyone.

"I should have thanked you for killing her...well at least you got a quick death." I mused thoughtfully.

I then started eyeing their equipment, not much since Taeyong probably had most of it.

But it was still useful and it could definitely help someone survive.

So, I dug around in my pocket for some matches.

I also had some oil from the torches and that meant that I could burn them.

That sounds so satisfying.

"Just get it over with!" Amber hissed impatiently, making me smile in amusement.

Mmh, there has to be a camera here.

After a full minute of searching, I found one nestled in the bushes, causing me to smile directly at it.

"For you." That was all I said before lighting up the carcasses.

I probably made sure that all the districts hate me and everyone in the capital loved me.

For the people in the districts, I was part of them now.