chapter twenty eight - unedited

chapter twenty-eight: the arrangement
UNEDITED—

PARK JIMIN

So, it turned out pretty little Kang Y/n was alive and Byun Baekhyun had left her to get our help.

What was Baekhyun expecting? That we jump to the rescue?

Did he even know where we were?

When the first canon sounded, I felt a pang in my heart when I saw Jungkook's face.

I had expected that. I had also expected Baekhyun's horrified expression, but I definitely had not expected Yoongi Hyung to look alarmed and even somewhat panicky.

That scared me a bit.

It scared me, even more, when I watched Hoseok's eyes stay on Yoongi Hyung while this was happening, as if he had expected Hyung to react like that at the possibility of her death.

Jin Hyung himself looked also a bit out of it and even the emotionless Kim Taehyung seemed slightly bothered.

How did I react?

I felt like there was something I regretted, but that was it. She didn't mean much to me, she was just a very good person.

Everyone should regret the loss of a young good person.

It seemed like no one had time to properly think, because, in the next second, Jung Lilli jumped out from the shadows.

It turned out in Baekhyun's favor for she distracted Yoongi Hyung from killing him in rage.

Why was Yoongi Hyung so enraged at Baekhyun? Had they encountered each other while Yoongi Hyung was out hunting?

I drew my sword, just as the others did, ready to attack both Baekhyun and Lilli.

I will admit that I was more focused on Lilli though, she seemed like more of a threat.

That Baekhyun didn't seem to have any harmful assets apart from maybe his voice.

Damn that boy could shout!

Jung Lilli was absolutely bat shit crazy, to put it kindly.

Animal blood was running from her mouth as if she had bitten into a rabbit or something like that.

Her weapon was full of blood and it looked like she had just killed a tribute... but it couldn't have been.

Because if she had, that meant that Y/n was alive.

Then came the arrow from the distance, slicing through the air, and finding its mark.

It was definitely a painless death. Jung Lilli fell to the ground, completely lifeless.

The arrow had precision and it was definitely shot from far away, by a pair of very skilled hands.

Someone who had possibly been trained with the bow and arrow all their life.

An arrow to the heart at such a distance was a marvel.