chapter nineteen - unedited

chapter nineteen: the gang
UNEDITED—

KIM TAEHYUNG

I watched as that Y/n girl broke down because the friend that tried to kill her, was dying.

Does she have mental problems? Her friend was trying to kill her...

Jin Hyung actually looked guilty to see her in tears, why? What was so special about this girl?

"Don't concentrate on that girl now, Lee Taeyong is coming towards you. On your right." Amber warned me and I turned around to find the male charging at me.

I chuckled and raised my old fashioned sword, ready to meet his short sword.

From the way he was holding his weapon with two hands, I could see that Taeyong used a lot of strength.

I didn't underestimate him, since I knew that he was definitely a competitor.

He swung at me and I dodged his first blow with ease. It took him a lot of power and it gave me time to kick him in the stomach, making him fall backward.

"You really want to die, don't you?" I asked, chuckling.

He just smirked up at me and then looked behind me.

I raised my sword ready to strike him down and gain the first name onto my kill list. Lee Taeyong.

Taeyong widened his eyes in surprise and fear at something behind me.

"Y/n! No!" He called out in surprise and I turned around immediately, expecting to see the girl dying or dead. I was even ready to help her.

God, you're stupid Taehyung!

Taeyong at that moment kicked my legs and made fall, before raising himself up. He took two packs full of food and water and then dashed away towards the edge of the Forrest.

Probably waiting for the twins to be finished at the cornucopia. I chuckled lightly, he would be waiting for quite a while.

My district partner was tripping and running towards the Forrest and I debated ending her life.

She was an annoying person to be around and she flirted with anything that had legs, but my district would surely hate me for killing her.

Wouldn't want that, would we now Taehyung?

"Taehyung Hyung! Help!" Jungkook called out to me as he was fighting singlehandedly against the twins. Hoseok Hyung was lying behind him, obviously wounded.

I quickly made my way towards them and raised my sword.

"Go! Taeyong is waiting for you, wouldn't want him to run away with all of the food." I spat at them with disgust clear in my voice.

No one hurt my friends and got away with it.

The girl from district eight tried to rush past me and I sliced her stomach. She fell towards the ground, choking on her own blood. Sprays of blood hit me in the face, but I didn't dare break off the eye contact with the twins.

Nikki, the female nodded and gripped her brother's hand. Together they ran towards a waiting Taeyong.

"Hyung he's badly hurt, one of the twins sliced his leg open," Jungkook whispered as he stared at Hoseok who was lying on his lap.

I sighed and crouched down next to an unconscious Hoseok. His face was pale and his lips slightly blue from blood loss.

"Come on kookie, we'll carry him towards the others," I instructed and Jungkook nodded.

"Don't worry, nothing bad happened. I'm sorry I couldn't warn you that Y/n wasn't behind you. Namjoon's mother was in the same room." Amber apologized and I didn't react.

Instead, I lifted Hoseok's legs while Jungkook lifted his arms.

Together we made our way towards the inside of the cornucopia, where everyone except Jin Hyung was already waiting.

As soon as the others saw us, Jimin rushed towards us to start bandaging Hoseok's leg in Jin's absence.

Normally, Jin would have done it, but he wasn't here yet.

"Who's still fighting?" Yoongi Hyung Asked, not lifting his eyes from the weapon that he was sharpening. He looked as deadly as always.

"Probably Jin Hyung. I'll go check." I replied and made my way outside to find Jin Hyung.

He was near a big stream and he was fighting against Kim Jennie, who wielding two small daggers.

Lisa, the girl Jennie seemed to be infatuated with was standing a little behind the whole scene. Tears were gathering in Lisa's eyes as she watched Jin Hyung Strike Jennie on the arm.

Blood was gushing out of her wound, but Kim Jennie was a fighter and continued to attack. After a while, I had enough.

I snuck up behind Lisa and put my hand on her mouth and my sword on her neck.

I felt the girl struggling to get free and I freed her mouth. As expected, the girl screamed and it surprised both Jennie and Jin Hyung.

"It seems like the person you're protecting is in a bit of a hitch." I teased as I played with the knife on Lisa's neck.

In the distance, on the other side of the stream, I could make out the female career tributes. Jihal and Xiomi were nothing but cowards, but they were cowards that were trained in combat.

Jennie on the other hand was brave and trained, she could have been a real threat if it wasn't for Lisa, the girl she was in love with. Lisa wasn't really a force to be reckoned with.

Jin smirked at me, but Jennie had other ideas in mind. The girl quickly tripped Jin Hyung and pounced on him, holding her knife to his throat in a threatening stance.

"One scratch and I'll make your friend bleed to death." The girl threatened, mimicking my circling on Lisa's neck.

Jin Hyung was surprised and tried to get the much smaller girl off him, but Jennie just pressed down on her knife harder.

"How about a truce Unnie? You let Jin go and Taehyung lets me go?" Lisa asked timidly as she held back tears.

Truce? Hell no!

Jennie's softened and she nodded, looking down at Jin Hyung who was still struggling beneath her.

Sighing, he nodded and we made eye contact.

"Do what your Hyung is implying boy, don't fuck it up now." Amber's ever so melodious instructed and I sighed, feeling completely annoyed.

I nodded and me and Jennie released are captors at the same time, them quickly rushing away into the woods.

Jin Hyung stood up, running his neck tiredly.

"Thank you Taehyung." He said and I nodded once.