chapter sixteen - unedited

chapter sixteen: the meeting
UNEDITED—

KIM SEOKJIN

I stared at the door of the secret meeting room, agitatedly clicking my tongue.

I am going to kill you Jungkook.

Jungkook was late for our late-night meeting, as always. The boy always seemed to lose sight of the important things.

Just like he did the last few days with that girl, Y/n. Jungkook seemed to develop some kind of feelings for her, thinking that it was his job to protect her.

Ridiculous, she was just a young and soon to be dead girl. No one of importance once you looked at the grand scheme of things.

Jungkook was upset at the idea of her losing her life, but why did it matter? We would make history in the arena.

The world would finally change, but our plan would only succeed if we executed it properly.

But Jungkook was starting to make the same mistakes Katniss Everdeen made in her rebellion. He was starting to let feelings take control of him.

But he was so young, still fifteen, and I believed that he would be able to grow out of that phase.

And hopefully, he would outgrow that crush of his on Kang Y/n.

I somewhat understood his fascination with the young girl, she was just captivating to look at.

Her on-stage innocence concealed her true innocence, something that I found very amusing.

There was no doubt in my mind that Y/n was a distraction. Not only for Jungkook but possibly also for me.

Distractions needed to be removed and Namjoon would be the best person to remove this particular distraction. This obstacle named Y/n.

"Hyung? What's so important that we have to wait for Jungkook?" Hoseok asked slightly annoyed as he tipped away on a tablet of his.

We really did have it good in the capital. Everything was thanks to our leader, Namjoon. Without him, we would have tried to execute this plan just as normal tributes.

But with him by our side, we had a real chance of making an impact on the upcoming rebellion. We had a chance of being the spark, the spark that would light up the districts.

"Because Jungkook is the reason for this meeting, isn't that right Jin?" Namjoon answered for me from the head of the table.

There was no doubt who our leader was.

"Is it because of that Y/n girl? Are you planning to kill her?" Jimin asked suspiciously and Taehyung glared at him. Taehyung only glared, that was all he seemed to be capable of doing.

"Why do you care?" Yoongi shot at Jimin, resting his head on the table.

"I don't..." Jimin said quickly, too quickly.

I was sure of it now, this girl needed to be taken care of.

At exactly that moment, Jungkook burst through the doors, completely out of breath.

"Sorry... Y/n was having a ni- never mind." He trailed off, probably scared by Taehyung's fierce glares. Taehyung did not like talking about Y/n, even though I had caught him staring at her more than once.

"Do you know why the others are not here yet?" I asked Jungkook, talking about our allies in the capital.

We had quite a few and they would be the ones communicating with us in the arena, through earpieces.

Everyone one of us had one assigned capital member of the rebellion assigned.

Namjoon for me, since I would be the leader, giving orders from Namjoon to the rest.

Bambam, one of the capital trainers for Yoongi. Both of them were lethal in hand to hand combat.

Oh Sehun, a former victor for Hoseok since both of them were quite smart. They would do most of the planning, along with Namjoon of course.

JB, a capital Interviewer for Jimin because both of them were actually from district four. JB was taken from his district at a young age.

Amber for Taehyung because she was the only person willing to deal with his constant glaring.

Kai for Jungkook because Kai was also Jungkook's stylist.

Jungkook looked at me curiously after I asked my question, but he probably already had an idea about what I was on about.

"If this is about y-"

"Don't deny it. I heard about what you promised her from Sehun Hyung, who heard it from Tzu-yu-Ah." Jimin glared at Jungkook, cutting off his sentence.

It really was a problem.

"We're going to discuss how she will die. Jungkook, you know that all the tributes in the arena are going to die." I tried to remind him, but there seemed to be a sort of fury in his eyes.

"All tributes? We're not going to die, so why does she have to?" Jungkook asked defiantly and I could hear the others groan.

This was exactly what we were afraid of. Jungkook doubting our cause and method for this girl.

"People Are going to continue to die if we don't do this. The hunger games will go on if we don't do this. Do you really want to allow that to happen, because of this girl?" Namjoon asked in a deadly calm voice and I knew that he was the only one who would be able to confront Jungkook about this matter.

"No... but what's one person Hyung?" Jungkook asked and once could see the desperation in his voice.

I pitied him and I wanted to grant his wish. Not only for him though, but I also wanted the young girl to live because of my own selfish reasons.

"One person can change everything, or did you forget about Panem's first rebellion?" Yoongi added in a dark voice and Namjoon nodded along with him.

Jungkook sighed in defeat, he was giving in, but I could still sense a lot of defiance in him.

I think everyone one of us knew that Jungkook wasn't going to let the object of his affection die in the arena.

Jungkook rarely cared about anyone and the one time he did find someone he liked, he was forced to let go. But he wouldn't let it happen, I knew that much.