chapter twenty one - unedited

chapter twenty one: the beginning
UNEDITED—

MIN YOONGI

Maybe it was because Bambam kept on talking about her. The way he talked about her intrigued me, I guess.

The way he described her as a seemingly perfect being drew me in a bit. I wanted to test all of his claims one by one.

The others were all Lying down in the shelter of the cornucopia, trying to seek comfort from the cold winds.

What a bunch of pussies... they had heated sleeping bags, torches and even hot tea.

What else could they possibly want?

I didn't mind the cold, I welcomed it, but I did mind the fact that no one else was willing to go hunting.

They seemed to have all the time in the world, but I wasn't like them. I wanted to go home and for that, all of the remaining tributes would have to be eliminated.

Even her. The small girl who seemed way to innocent and had the Attention of nearly everyone.

Hell, even cold and bitter Jungkook was crushing on her. Maybe more.

With the way he looked at her and was ready to throw everything away for her, I would say that the boy was in love with her.

But then again, Jungkook was only fifteen and understood little of how the world worked.

She was even younger, admittedly too young for me. Still, I couldn't help but be intrigued.

I wanted to know everything about her. I wanted to...

I didn't even know what I wanted.

"Where are you going? Why are you packing your things?" Bambam Asked through the ear piece and I sighed.

Lifting two fingers to my right ear, I tapped the ear piece lightly, disconnecting to the annoying male.

Who ever thought that putting me with that idiotic Hyung was a good idea? We were literally complete opposite, apart from the fact that we both excellent at hand to hand combat.

The others didn't even spare me a second glance when I told them that I was going hunting.

We knew each other and we knew how we all acted. I was probably the only one who wasn't really in their close group.

Namjoon also didn't really fit, but that was because he was from the capital. Some of the members had grudges against him.

"Yoongi, wait." The voice of Jin called out and I stopped and turned around.

I wasn't in the mood for arguments with my Hyung.

He walked closer to me, until he was directly in front of me.

"Connect to Bambam Hyung again." He ordered quitely, the audience wouldn't be able to make out what he just said.

Namjoon, who was probably telling Jin Hyung about me disconnecting Bambam, wanted me to connect again.

I think the fuck not. I had no urge to get my ear talked off by that fool.

Nevertheless, I nodded and went into the direction of the Forrest. I didn't bother connecting though.

Jin wouldn't be able to scold me in the Forrest.

Once I spotted the spot where I clearly remembered Y/n standing before running into the distance, I made sure to erase her tracks.

It would be easy for someone like Taehyung or Hoseok to track her with simple things like her hair ribbon.

It was red and obviously from the capital, but because Y/n had used it during training time, it was easy to realize that it belonged to her.

Why did I know so many things about this girl? Sure, she was interesting, but so were most of the tributes.

She really wasn't a threat though, I was sure of that.

Y/n had fight in her, but if it came down to it, I doubt that she would be able to kill someone.

It was already very dark, so I lit up my torch and put on the night vision glasses that we found at the cornucopia.

I was sure that me am the boys were the only ones who had these glasses, so there wouldn't really be any competition in a fight. Not during night time at least.

I started running and tracking Y/n's trail. Maybe I really was obsessed in a way.

I wanted to see her and do something... I didn't really know what. Maybe she was just interesting.

Yeah that's it Yoongi, she's just interesting.

After about three hours of non stop running, I had to make a break.

The exercise kept me warm, but even I had to admit that I was gradually getting colder.

I put on the warming strips, that were basically gloves that slowly warmed up your whole body. Pretty handy, Namjoon probably had something to do with them being among the cornucopia loot.

The next one and a half hours were pretty relaxing since I started jogging slower.

I was sure that I was getting to Y/n's hideout.

The trails stopped in a small clearing and I knew that she was here somewhere.

There was nobody here though, not even on the trees.

Of course, I could be wrong about that since there were so many tall trees, but I knew that Y/n wasn't tall enough to reach most of the trees here.

So, I decided to listen and at first I Heard nothing, maybe some occasional rustling.

It was already eight when I hear the first sign. The anthem.

Seven tributes had died at the blood bath.

Two were killed by me. Two were killed by Jungkook. One was killled by Jin. One by Taehyung. And the last one was killed by Jimin.

Hoseok was more of the mastermind and decided to keep his hands clean.

Mumbling in the bushes alerted me that Y/n was very near. She was hiding in the little space between two trees and if I hadn't heard hear, I would have never found her.

The young girl was freezing to death.

Y/n was having hallucinationss about her family.

I couldn't watch her die like this, so I decided to help her.

Fuck the consequences.