chapter two

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
CHAPTER TWO
THE QUESTIONS ASKED

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆CHAPTER TWOTHE QUESTIONS ASKED

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

KANG Y/N

"You were supposed to rest and get better. That does not include blaming yourself for things that are clearly not your fault," Namjoon scolded as he stood in front of my hospital bed, his hands on his hips.

He wasn't happy with me, but that wasn't necessarily anything new or bad. Kim Namjoon was rarely happy with me nowadays and I had stopped caring a long time ago.

He also probably had no idea how dad-like he looked at that very moment.

"Says you," I snorted at him, making sure to turn away in the hopes of not having to look him in the eye. Still, I also made sure that he could clearly hear the annoyance in my voice.

Maybe he would back off then.

But who was I kidding? This was Kim Namjoon, the most stubborn, annoying and-

"Y/n," he warned lowly and for a second, I wondered if he could read minds. Did he know that I was insulting him in my mind?

"I know that you're dealing with a lot at the moment, Y/n. But this is too much, what you're doing is too much. Nobody blames you for anything."

As always, I ignored his words. Why? Because he was wrong.

Everyone rightfully blamed me for everything. Park Jimin was gone because of me.

And a lot of other people had died for me, or, were going to die for me.

I wasn't the only one at fault though. Namjoon, just like me, felt like he was to blame for Jimin's capture.

And I knew about Kim Namjoon's habits by now and how he tried to not show his guilt. But he did feel guilty, just like I felt guilty.

Kim Namjoon was a hypocrite. Telling me to not feel guilty while secretly drowning himself in guilt.