chapter thirteen

. ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄

 ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄━━━━┅━━━CHAPTER THIRTEENThe Scores━━━━┅━━━

. ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄
━━━━┅━━━
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
The Scores
━━━━┅━━━

KANG Y/N

I was well aware of the fact that I had messed up quite a bit. It wasn't that bad, but it was bad enough that I couldn't even tell Tzu-yu and Jungkook. The fear of their reactions haunted me whenever I closed my eyes. I didn't want to see their expressions of disappointment, or maybe even anger.

About an hour ago, we had our private training evaluation and the scores were going to come out in a few minutes.

I didn't exactly suck, but I had done something too special, which for me, could be the stupidest thing at the moment.

In my current predicament, where it was my job to play innocent and intimidate the other contenders with my ability to bewitch the crowd, every wrong move was very dangerous. If I had a high score, then I would intimidate the strong tributes, as I then was both a threat in combat and a favorite, and if I had a low score, then I would be able to continue with my act, but at the same time, I would be losing a lot of my support from the capital crowd.

At the time, I had been too nervous to think of something normal, that at the same time, was also spectacular. All I had been able to do, with the nerves squirming around in my stomach, was do something that I was good at, something that I would be able to do in my sleep.

Knife throwing.

━━━━┅━━━

Knife throwing was one of my passions, but with those eyes staring at me, I just couldn't concentrate properly.

I entered the training room, ready to show off my knife throwing skills.

I had expected the game-makers to be drunk or at least occupied with other things, but they were paying close attention to my every move, as if someone was threatening them, standing behind them with a knife, ready to strike them if they even dared to look away from me.

That was strange... Tzu-yu had told me that they probably would be passed out by the time I came around.

Maybe it was because of him, the boy in the embroidered chair. I could easily recognize him.

He was Panem's most loved and at the same time one of the most hated people. Kim Namjoon, son of the president.

His hair was colored silver and cut nicely, his eyes were a cold blue and his skin was nice and tan. There was no denying that he was absolutely beautiful, but he looked lonely too.

Everyone kept their distance from him, and you couldn't blame them, with the aura he emitted.

Of course, with the son of the president present, the game-makers wouldn't dare and slack off. If this was a good or bad thing, I wasn't sure.