chapter thirty five - unedited

chapter thirty-five: the decisions  
UNEDITED—

KIM SEOKJIN

There they were, walking up the muddy hill and shouting out names like a bunch of drunk idiots.

Then there was Y/n who kept shouting Baekhyun's name because she thought that he maybe was still alive.

Why search for someone who already left the arena and this bloodbath behind?

We were standing behind a bunch of trees, watching Jungkook, Jimin, Hoseok, and Y/n pass us by.

"Why are we not going to them?" Yoongi asked with a scowl, his narrowed gaze fixed on Hoseok carrying Y/n who was barely even awake.

Her hair was in her face making it hard to see, her eyes were almost shut but she still kept on screaming Baekhyun's name.

"Because I said to wait," I answered back snappily, enjoying my power as the oldest and the temporary leader.

"It's getting old Jin Hyung, we know that you're running out of real commands," Taehyung muttered under his breath.

"That's not the reason!" I spluttered indignantly, trying to convince them with my wild hand moments.

There actually was a reason and I also didn't know it. I was just doing what Namjoon told me to do.

That punk.

He just told me not to come in contact with them until they had stopped at their destination for the night.

Which was quite odd since we were their destination.

So, the three of us opted for following our own allies in the hope that they would soon make camp for the night.

But apparently, Y/n was turning into a little dictator and commanded they move onward.

Keep in mind that she was still on Hoseok's back and he seemed close to dying of exhaustion.

Y/n definitely was quite a special case

"I know you're going to be angry at me for this Jin Hyung, but I think you'll understand later on." Namjoon's voice sounded through my ear pierce.

I immediately narrowed my eyes on Y/n, something told me that whatever he was talking about had something to do with her.

My mind was at war, one side wanting to protect Y/n at all costs and the other wanting to fulfill our original plan without any further difficulties.

"What? What's going on?" I hissed silently, trying to be as quiet as possible.

Even though Taehyung was quite a moody and cold person, he still had one of the loudest voices on the entire planet.

I didn't want him to find out about what we were talking about and then alert the entire world. That was exactly the type of person Taehyung was.

"Just let it happen. Y/n has to do this." Namjoon's voice was calm and I knew exactly what that meant. He was worried, maybe even panicked.

That was never a good sign when it came to Namjoon.

My eyes narrowed on Hoseok on the others that were now setting up camp, readying themselves for a cold night.

Except for Y/n, she was staring at the rock in her hand as if it was something extremely special...

"Yoongi, Taehyung..." I muttered when I saw them fast asleep.

Something was definitely not right, why were they asleep?

Sure, Yoongi has a certain tendency to fall asleep at all times but he never fell asleep when something important was at stake.

And to me, it was pretty obvious that Y/n was very important for him.

Taehyung's case was even more mysterious because he rarely slept and when he did only for a few minutes at a time.

The nightmares didn't allow the poor boy to get a good night's sleep, especially not in the arena.

That was also the reason for his other self slipping out of his control, Taehyung, therefore, turning into a weapon of war.

To put it simply, Taehyung never slept soundly. At least not naturally.

But here he was sleeping like a baby, something that clearly told me that unnatural things were going on.

With another glance towards the others, I could make out that everyone besides Y/n was slowly but surely falling asleep.

Y/n on the other hand was still staring at the rock in her hand, her expression looking deep in thought.

She was debating about something and so many parts of me wanted to know what.

Because all I could do at the moment was wait and trust Namjoon because he was my leader no matter what.

He had started everything and it was only right that we continued to follow him until he brought us to the end. Until he ended it.

"I'm going to make Y/n kill someone. Preferably one of the girls but I won't be able to intervene if anything goes wrong."

My mouth hung open in shock as everything slowly started to make sense.

It was probably the president who preferred one of us as the winner trying to get rid of Y/n, Namjoon of course had to seemingly execute her orders.

So, he made the others fall asleep in case they found out she was missing and would try to aid her.

"It's going to destroy her, killing isn't something for people like her," I whispered in a raspy voice. All this thinking about death was making me remember things I didn't exactly want to think about.

"I know. I'm sorry." Namjoon said in an apologetic tone. He wasn't apologizing to me, no, this apology was for him.

From the way, he talked and even handled situations that involved Y/n made it all pretty clear to me. Namjoon, the cold capital prince who at the same time was a leader in the revolution, cared about Y/n.

And I couldn't even blame him, something about her made you care. She was just that different yet completely ordinary that you couldn't help it.

That I couldn't help it.

Because just like everyone else, I was also caught in her net, meaning I cared.

For me, that also answered the question in my head: why are you still awake?

If things did go wrong tonight, I would intervene no matter what.