chapter forty four - unedited

chapter forty-four: the final extraction pt. 3
UNEDITED—

KANG Y/N

Both me and Jimin were exhausted, not really able to make out our surroundings.

Sure, I could roughly make out the sound of the growling capital mutts and the occasional splash from the waves, but other than that it was silent.

Silent enough for me to hear Jimin's quick heartbeat. Even though it wasn't exactly even, it somehow managed to calm me.

"Hyung will come for us, don't worry." Jimin kept repeating, talking about Namjoon.

At least I thought he was talking about Namjoon since I didn't really know who else he could be talking about.

"Trust him, Y/n. He's always there for us." He continued, possibly not being in his right mind.

Well, that made two of us.

"I'll trust your Hyung," I told him sleepily, snuggling closer to him while he also put one arm around me.

Jimin let out a series of agonized coughs before answering. "No, I mean to trust him, even after you find out about everything."

"What are you talking about, Jimin?" While I wasn't really sure what was going on with the boys and the son of the president, I was sure that it couldn't be that bad.

Somehow the way these boys behaved had convinced me that they were victims as well. They were just like me.

Right?

Stop using your brain, Y/n. It's bad enough when you're completely mentally stable!

"Sure," I answered weakly, trying to stop myself from shivering at the same time.

The water seemed to be getting colder and colder as the minutes passed.

"No, Y/n. Listen to me. We knew, okay? We planned this." Jimin confessed darkly, trying and failing to raise his head.

What was he talking about? What did they plan?

Well, it was suspicious that we would be rescued from the arena by the son of the president...but that didn't explain anything.

What did Jimin mean?

"We wanted to be in the arena."

No, I knew that was a lie and Jimin knew that as well.

Right?

"We planned everything, Y/n. From the very beginning and we weren't going let anyone else survive...but" Jimin kept on trying to continue with his train of thought, his hand drawing circles in the air above him.

I felt somewhat numb listening to him but I couldn't really be sure until I asked him.

Maybe there was an explanation for his strange words or maybe he was just hallucinating...

Yes, that was probably.

"Y/n...we did this." He finished as he let his hand drop as if it was lifeless.