chapter three

Kai-

The whole day I wanted to throw up. I didn't think that night would go that way. I had 13 unread messages from Bridget. I could not talk to her. There was no way. There were feelings with Bridget. But with Amber, this was new, exciting. I woke up and she was gone, so I don't know how she feels about it.

All day at work, I felt sick. Amber is my best friend. I love her to death, but never like that. People always thought we were dating. But we always told them no. I wander what it would be like to tell them yes. After work, I knock on her door.

Jeremiah opens it. He seems happy. He doesn't have a "you slept with my girlfriend" look on his face. I smile. He smiled.

"Hey, I was just leaving." He says. He says bye to Amber and walks out. I walk in.

Amber is sitting on the couch. She looks at me. I know what she's thinking. "What the hell did we do?" She says.

"Amber, don't let this ruin our friendship. Please!" I say and sit on the couch next to her. She looks at me with a concerned face.

I knew everything about her. Every detail. I knew. All of her siblings, her parents, why they got divorced, she knows me too. My little sister and my dad. My mom died from cancer just three years ago. She was the one person I could share these things with.

I put my hand on hers. She looks up at me. It meant something to her. Our faces get closer. Our foreheads touch. We kiss.

Fireworks.