chapter fifty-five

Amber-

7 years ago.

Kai died 7 years ago.

I help tie the triplets shoes and I walk with them out to the car. Dawson helps buckle them up, while Zoe nervously reads over her music.

Dawson is now a full on teenager. He still plays violin. He doesn't play very many sports. Dawson Benjamin is 16. He's a sophomore in high school. Dirty blonde curly hair and he's a total babe at school.

Zoe Sylvia is now 14. She's in 8th grade. She is in piano lessons 6 times a week and soccer practice 4 times a week. Brown long beautiful hair and tan skin.

Andrea Lily is 11. Along with her sisters, she's in 6th grade. She is also a phenomenal piano player. She is so sweet and caring. She has brown hair too, but it's short. She has the cutest freckles.

Breanna Carol is a very talented cellist, and is very smart. She has blonde hair and is very tomboyish.

Chelsea Teresa is Breanna's identical triplet, Andrea is the odd one out. She doesn't play any instruments, but she's extremely competitive in basketball and soccer.

Vance is now 7. He's in first grade and is very smart. I mean, I think all my kids are smart. He has dirty blonde hair, and looks exactly like Kai did, when Kai was seven.

I remember that, Kai being 7. He was goofy, and everyone's boyfriend in elementary school. But he always stuck by me.

Zoe plays a beautiful piece and doesn't mess up once. She really is becoming a beautiful woman.

I'm proud to be my kids' mother.

Kennedy was supposed to be there, but she never showed up. Everyone was sad about it.

"Alex? Is everything okay? The kids missed Kennedy today," I ask him over the phone.

He's crying. "Alex?" I ask.

"She has a brain tumor. It was making her sick- ." I don't let him finish.

"What?" I ask.

My heart stops.

I drive to the hospital.