chapter thirty-four

700 READS!!! OMG YOU GUYS ROCK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE! Love you guys!
-Meredith Mariala

Amber-

Right as we get there, my mom takes Zoe from her car seat and Darien takes Dawson.

"Did Katherine and Carol not make it?" I ask.

"No they couldn't make it. They are with their in-laws." My mom answers.

"What about your kids, Darien?" Kai asks.

"They couldn't make it either." He says.

"It's crazy how fast everything can go. I can't believe Dawson is already 2 and a half!" Darien says as he tickles him. 

"I can't believe Zoe is already so old also." My mom says.

"Well, Sylvia, should we get their luggage and welcome them in." Darien invites.

For Christmas Eve dinner, we all sit around the table and eat a beautiful meal. I helped Dawson, and Kai helped Zoe eat.

"So, Dawson, what do you want Santa to bring you for Christmas?" My mother asks.

"A car!" He says excitedly. I look over at Kai.

"How about you little Zoe?" Darien asks.

"Bunny." She says.

We all laugh. It's the only word she really knows so it's the answer to everything.

After dinner, Kai sits in a big comfy chair with Zoe cuddled up next to him and Dawson on his lap. He reads them a Christmas book and Zoe falls fast asleep on his shoulder. Dawson then does too fall asleep.

Seeing my husband hold our children like that. So. Sexy.

After a beautiful breakfast the next morning, we open gifts.

Zoe screams when she gets a new doll and a bunny toy. She seems the most excited about her new pirate costume.

Dawson flips when he opens his huge hot wheels obstacle course, with a ton of toy cars.

Kai hands me a gift. "Kai? Why did you get me something?" I ask confused.

I open it. It's a beautiful silver necklace with a diamond in the middle, and a matching earring set.

"Baby, these are gorgeous!" I say.

I lean over and kiss him. I love him so much. I hand him an envelope.

"It's not much." I say, lying.

He opens it up. There are two plane tickets inside.

"What?" He says confused.

"Bahamas?!" He says excitedly, and wraps his arms around me and squeezes me thankfully.

"It's for our postponed honeymoon." I say.

"I love it. Thank you." He says.

"Merry Christmas babe." I say and peck his cheek.