chapter forty

Kai-

"One, two, three." We all count for Amber.

"I'm so tired." She says and throws her head back.

"You can do this, our little girls are going to be here soon." I cheer her on.

It's amazing that she's having triplets naturally, no drugs or anything.

"There She is!" Our doctor says happily.

"Kai, cut the chord." She says. I cut the chord, and watch as they clean our little girl up.

Then soon after, the next girl came in two minutes, screaming crying. She went straight into Amber's arms.

Amber was so exhausted and in pain, that the third girl took an hour and a half to be born later. But she was just as beautiful, and it was just as amazing.

Becoming a dad is a wonderful feeling.

Andrea Lily Corbett 2:42 am

Breanna Carol Corbett 2:46 am

Chelsea Teresa Corbett 3:17 am

Carol after Amber's sister, Lily after my sister, and Teresa after my late mother. We loved those names because of the 'ea' in all of them.

They all were healthy, except Chelsea, the youngest, had some heart issues. But they did a little surgery and she is all fine now.

A natural, pretty fast birth, three healthy babies, healthy mother, we are so blessed.

When we got home, Dawson held one baby while Zoe held another. So we got a picture. Zoe was very good and gentle, while Dawson was too because he had done this before. I wonder if he felt weird about suddenly having four sisters. It's definitely weird for me all of a sudden having five kids.

For the first few months of their lives, Amber's goal was to work of the weight gained from her pregnancy. She got up every morning, breastfed three babies, worked out, then stays home with them all day. She says when Zoe and Dawson get home is when the bored ness is finally gone.

Breanna said the first word, 'Mama' Chelsea walked first and Andrea was potty trained first.

Their lives are so precious. It all went by so fast. Their first Christmas, their birthdays, their potty training years, I got four raises while they grew up.