chapter forty-two

Amber-

I ran to the bathroom, I was not going to be able to hold this in. Throw up went everywhere, and I had to clean it all up.

Kai knocks on the door. "You alright, babe? Chelsea is crying, I was wondering if I should feed the kids or just give her a snack." He asks.

"Kai, she's four years old, she can maybe eat a fruit snack or something." I say frustrated.

"I'm making dinner." He says back.

"K, don't make me any." I say as I feel another one coming.

"Why?" He asks.

"Kai, just go make the food and none for me!" I yell.

I don't know what was wrong with me. Actually, I knew exactly what was wrong.

"I love you." Kai says quietly.

"I love you too." I say back.

I throw up again, then realize exactly what's wrong with me and throw up again at the thought of it. It was a good thing, but another baby right now would be perfect timing, but six kids? I don't know.

I knew Kai would be thrilled.

Four months

Healthy heartbeat, healthy baby. Again, I wanted to do a home birth, because medical bills were expensive and the last one worked out okay.

I'm four months along now, and have a little bump. Kai and I wanted to do something for our kids, something fun. And since Dawson was getting so old, we needed to jump on the idea of doing something like this.

Disneyland.

Although I could only do a few baby rides with Andrea, Breanna, and Chelsea, it was still a blast.

I threw up every morning and night, and couldn't eat any of the food. One time, I thought of eating the food and I threw up. In line. In front of people. It was so embarrassing.

6 months

I already felt huge, but it was so much different than carrying around three babies. It was like I forgot what I felt like.

Kai was so sweet to me. He made me breakfast in bed every weekend and made the kids breakfast also. This was because I was pregnant with his baby and also I do this usually every other day.

Getting up was getting harder and harder as the days go by. I told the triplets they'd be big sisters, and they got super excited.

Zoe wants a baby brother, and obviously so does Dawson. Zoe is very outdoorsy and is always with Dawson. They are buddies, and this makes me happy. This is why Zoe wants another brother. Because she isn't into anything too crazy.

Except for dance. She is nine years old, and amazing. She is already en pointe, which is a huge accomplishment.

Then there is Dawson, who is the most beautiful violinist. I cannot believe his talent. Well, it's from his dad.

The triplets are doing soccer and basketball, and they all play piano. For them right now it's just a thing to do instead of school, but Andrea has some cool tricks for being only four.

9 months

I wake up to the noise of Kai blowing up the little pool for me. Then he made me breakfast.

"But, it's not Saturday." I realize.

"Yah, but it's your due date. And I'm not missing this baby's birth." He says.

"You won't, I have never really been late with any of my pregnancies, maybe Zoe." I say.

"Plus, you need to go to work today." I tell him as he pecks me on the cheek.

"Why?" He asks.

"I can feel it, Kai. He or she isn't coming today." I say.

"You don't know."

"I promise."