chapter thirty-nine

Amber-

5 months pregnant with three babies.

Three.

We decide to invite my family and Kai's family to our house to tell them the news.

Lily, Benjamin, Carol, Katherine, Sylvia, Darien, Jason, and all of their kids and husbands and wives. It was a full house but extremely fun.

Then finally, my dad.

He showed up after living with his 25 year old girlfriend in Florida. He wanted to see me.

"This is Dawson Benjamin, and Zoe Sylvia." I tell him.

They automatically bond and have a great time together.

"So, everyone, thanks for coming." I say, as everyone quiets down.

"So as you guys know, Kai and I are expecting and this is our gender reveal." I tell them.

"Thanks everyone for being here, it's very well appreciated."

They pull up a box with balloons inside, of the gender. Little does everyone know that there are two more boxes we are hiding. Kai and I don't know the genders either.

Kai and I unravel the tie, and pink balloons fly up. Everybody cheers.

Kai goes to the side and I do too and we pull out two more boxes and call Zoe and Dawson aside.

"We are having triplets." Kai says to the confused family.

Everyone was absolutely shocked.

Dawson opens one box as Zoe opens the other. Pink balloons fly out of both boxes.

Later that night, Kai talks to the babies.

"Hey little girls. I just wanted to tell you how much I love you, and how excited we are for you to get here." He says calmly.

I smile and Kai kisses me.

"You and Dawson are gonna be out-girled." I say.

"It'll teach him respect and how to be a gentleman." I laugh.

"That's true," Kai agrees.

"How are we going to come up with three girl names?" I ask.

"I have no idea." Kai answers.

3 months later

I was huge, I didn't think I could get any bigger. But I'm only eight months, and I'm probably going to get bigger.

The doctor said that inducing me early is the best option because a home birth isn't an option and they don't want me to have a C Section because of how hard they are on a woman's body.

I get contractions here and there, they do hurt pretty bad. But, I wasn't in labor. Kai was always scared of that.