chapter twenty-three

Kai-

It's been too long with out her.

I can barely function.

No morning cuddles.

No falling off of the bed from the alarms.

No mom for Dawson.

Sylvia has been helping out a lot though with him.

The cops say they are doing everything. And I believe it. They found a room in the hotel that our reception was at that was booked by Jeremiah Rowe, with blood in it and dress undergarments. It made me sick.

They found a cloth that had chlorophyll on it, which means she fainted and he took her somewhere.

Oh lord please don't have Amber be dead.

Please god.

Every day, I would wake up to a cold bed.

Then the police would call, have me come in to answer their questions, then I would go home and fall asleep. Dawson was always with Sylvia and Darien, or Carol and her husband. I barely ever saw him. Every time I did see him I remembered her.

Her brown hair and green eyes.

Dawson's sandy hair like mine and her green eyes.

He was perfect.

She was perfect.

But she's gone.

Hopefully not dead somewhere.

Hopefully not lying somewhere, cold, alone, abandoned.

I wish I could just hold her one last time.

One last time, my wife, my best friend, son's mother, the love of my life.

Amber Gena Corbett.

The days turned into weeks.

The weeks turned into months.

2 months.

3 months! I don't even think I've ever been away from Amber that long.

The police are starting to hint to me that she's probably dead.

They are also acting like they have better things to do, like saving and finding my wife isn't reward enough.

I just want to get the call.

At this point, dead or alive, I want them to find her and call me.

I need to know.

Dawson's birthday.

Dawson's first birthday.

It was cute, dinosaurs and all. I took a ton of videos and pictures, for Amber, but now I just look at them and cry. I cry knowing she'll probably never see them.