chapter fifty-eight

HEY READERS!! You guys are literally the best!! I know I've been inactive- writer's block! I've finally found what I want to do with this story! You may need a refresher and read the last few chapters,,, it's been a while! Anyways, you know the drill. check out my other stories! If Only I Was Patient, Innocent & Imperfect, eye of the apocalypse, and My Sister's Boyfriend !!
With love, Meredith Mariala

Amber-

I wake up in a hurry and a rush.

I'm breathing heavily.

I'm in bed.

I look to my left.

A man.

I jump out of bed.

"Amber, are you okay?" He asks.

There's only one person who has that voice—

"Kai!" I jump on him and kiss him all over.

I squeeze him tight and cry in his arms. "It's alright, Amber, I'm here." He comforts.

"Kai," I cry. "I had a terrible dream."

"You all died. You died, Kennedy died, Dawson and Zoe, then I died with the little kids!" I exclaim.

"Kennedy?" He asks.

My eyes widen. "Do you remember Karissa Jones from college?" I ask.

"Ya, I guess so." He answers.

I kiss his face. "Maybe you should call her," I suggest.

"Well, in my dream, Karissa had your kid. Then she came to me after you died saying she was your daughter, then she got a brain tumor and died." I explain.

"Should I be concerned?" He grabs by my waist and presses his lips on mine.

"Wait," I say and get up.

I take Kai's hand and we walk down the hallway. I walk into Dawson's room.

I go and kiss his face, because he was little and innocent.

Then Zoe's.

Then our little triplet daughters. They are still little, and sweet. They are only 4, but in my dream they were eleven.

I dreamt almost 8 years of my life!

Something was missing, that was in my dream but it isn't here now.

I can't remember. All I do know is that Kai is alive, and my husband.

Dawson is still 10 and Zoe 8. I'm
So grateful I have these years back.

After a long day of fair rides and popcorn, Kai and I cuddle on the couch.

"I was depressed after I lost you," I say.

"Amber, I'm not going anywhere." He comforts.

"But that dream was so real. It really did feel like eight years." I tell him.

I'm laying the long way on the couch, Kai behind me. We are watching a movie, I'm not even sure what kind.

"Do you want to have another baby?" He asks.

Kai then kisses my neck. I turn around and we start making out, like old times.

"I love you, Amber Gena Michaels Corbett."

Those words, I missed them.

I craved them.