chapter thirty-three

Kai-

I put her baggy shirt back on her beautiful body, and she slides my briefs back on me. I kiss her one last time. I just love her so much.

We walk upstairs, quietly, holding hands, and cuddling next to each other in bed. We turn on some tv, and she slowly falls asleep in my arms. I kiss her head as she lays on my chest, sound asleep. I turn off the tv and grab my laptop. I look up a name in the California Penitentiary list.

Jeremiah Lile Row.

When Amber had to testify in court, her and I left right away, and never got to see what happened to him.

That day haunts me forever.

2 years prior-

"Amber Michaels Corbett, to the stand." The judge announces.

"How long were you out, Amber?" The lawyer asks.

"Three months." She answers.

"And what did he do to you every night?" The insensitive lawyer asks.

"He raped me." She said strongly.

"Did he get you pregnant?" They ask.

"Yes." She says a little quieter.

"Sorry, What?" The lawyer asks.

"I'm pregnant." Amber says loudly.

Now

Amber rustled on my chest. I quickly switch links to a honeymoon resort website.

"What are you looking at?" She asks.

"Nothing, it's a surprise." I say.

"I don't want to tell her about what I was really looking at. It scared me.

It scared her. Why would I put her in the depressing state again? Plus, she's my hot gorgeous wife, and I love her. Why would I jeopardize that?

In the morning while Amber sleeps, I pack everyone's bags. We are going to her moms mansion for the holidays. I'm excited Dawson is excited, and I think Zoe will like it.

After I'm done packing, and everyone is still sleeping, I assume we better get going. I see Amber in my T-shirt, and put my hands on her sides. I kiss her neck. She's so skinny, and beautiful.

"What baby?" She asks calmly.

"You gotta get up." I say back.

She puts her hands on my face and pulls me back into bed with her, and she gets on top of me, her butt on my thighs with just underwear between us.

She kisses me all the way from my belly button to my forehead. "I love you, Kai Corbett. I'll never stop loving you and your sexy body."

"You're kinda slutty, Amber." I point out.

"Do you not like it?" She says seductively.

"Of course I like it." I say back.

"You've only seen me when I'm pregnant. And although I do it pretty good pregnant, you need to see just how good I can do when I'm skinny and not carrying around another human being." She explains.

I laugh. "You can do it fine while you're pregnant. Besides, we gotta go if we want to beat traffic and make it before Christmas." I say jokingly.

She carries Dawson out of the car while I carry Zoe. They are both out cold, not waking up for anyone.