chapter nineteen

Amber-

They zipped me up, and it fit perfectly; I felt good, I felt gorgeous. I knew it was the perfect dress before I even saw myself in the mirror.

Everyone gasped.

It was flowy at the bottom, and a nice sleeve length on my arms. It had lace and tool, beautiful everywhere.

My mom wasn't distracted, Carol and Katherine had tears in their eyes, Linda was clapping, and Lily was smiling.

Lily was smiling.

Lily was smiling.

This was the one.

After a long day, I put Dawson to bed and cuddle up next to Kai in bed. He rustles then kisses my forehead.

"Hey, babe." He says softly.

"Sorry I woke you." I apologize.

"I was hoping you would, I've missed you." He tells me as he brings me closer to him.

"Did you find the one?" He asks.

"Yah, I wish I could show you. I don't know if I can wait another four months." I tell him.

He smiles and our lips meet.

I love him so much.

Before I knew it, it was bright outside.

Birds chirping, sun shining, Kai cuddling up next to me, baby crying.

Baby crying?

Ugh.

I make a grunting noise. Kai does too. Then, out of nowhere, our alarms start bursting noises out of both sides of our bed. I jump and fall of the bed. My head hits the cold tile and Kai starts die laughing.

Kai comes over and helps me up. Then, we have a staring contest deciding who was getting Dawson. I won.

Kai laughs as he gets Dawson. He walks in the room. "Dawson! I hi!" I take him from Kai's arms.

He whacks my face. He can't talk yet, or walk, or really do anything, but he wants to do bad. He has one tooth, and can crawl. He's a smart boy, and I love him. Kai and I kiss. Dawson puts his hand on our lips, and laughs hysterically. Kai and I smile at each other. This was happy.

This was my happy.

This was our happy.