chapter eleven

Kai-

3 weeks later

Amber and I were house hunting. Good school district, big lawn, 2 bedroom, nice kitchen, living area was our ideal house. Amber and I got out of the car at our third house.

"This is it!" The realtor, Megan says. I help Amber out of the car.

"It's beautiful." She says and she finally sees it. We walk in.

It was absolutely breathtaking. It was within our price limit, it had everything we needed.

"This is a four bedroom house, but that's even better because it's lower for the price of more rooms!" Megan exclaims.

"Four bedrooms?" Amber asks again.

"Yes! And the master bedroom, bathroom, closet and all is just amazing." Megan replies.

I could tell Amber didn't know what to think of the four bedrooms.

"Don't feel pressured, babe." I reassure her.

I go on with the tour. It was amazing. It was even furnished, and it was all perfect. We say goodbye to Megan. We look in the bedroom where our son would sleep.

"It's perfect." She says.

We were just standing there, in our future son's bedroom, us two, two and a half, and happy as could be.

"Is four bedrooms too much?" Amber says.

"Amber, they don't have to be filled with kids. One can be a workout room, a craft room, it doesn't matter." I tell her.

She smiles and nods. "Right." She says. "I- I just don't know if I want a big family Kai." She sighs. "I don't know."

"Amber, this is your first kid and he was kind of an accident. I don't expect you to want ten kids. I never have." I reassure her.

I swing my arm around her and kiss her forehead. I put my hand on her stomach, and breath it in.

"Let's buy it." She laughs.

"Hey, Megan, we would love to put an offer down on this house." I say to Megan after calling her.

"Great! I just knew that was the one!" She says happily.

After finding out we got the house, Amber and I sell our apartments and move out. It took about a week, and Amber was exactly six months when we moved in. Sitting on our porch, her and I. I was so in love.

I was so in love.