chapter twenty-six

Kai-

It's been a month, and she doesn't talk.

I take a sponge, and calmly scrub her bare body. The water is getting cold but she doesn't mind.

Her wet hair, sprawled around her shoulders. She's perfect, but I see bruises that are still healing and stitches that haven't dissolved.

"Your bruises are healing." I say.

She shrugs her shoulders. Dawson lets out a little cry, meaning he's awake. I need to get him, but I'm scared to leave Amber. Last time I left her in the tub for two seconds, she was drowning her self.

She's four months pregnant with Jeremiah's baby. She has a tiny bump now. We could know the gender, but she doesn't want to know. Actually, she won't tell me what she wants.

I lift her out of the tub, and wrap a towel around her. She puts on some underwear and a sweatshirt. We walk to get Dawson.

Without me asking, Amber picks him up.

"Shh, sh. It's okay, baby." She says quietly.

Pretty soon Dawson was fast asleep, in Amber's arms. She set him back in his bed, and followed me to our room. I tucked her in, and kissed her forehead. I put my hand on her stomach, telling her that I'll love this baby. That I don't hate her.

The doctors brought up abortion, and she said no faster then she said I Do to me on our wedding day. She doesn't believe in killing babies. But; when you're raped, that's another story.

Two months go by, and Amber smiles more and more now. She is growing closer to Dawson, and will actually talk to me.

Her belly is growing, although we still don't know the gender. She wants to see her family, but doesn't want them to judge. I don't know why they would, but it's Amber. She has a reason for everything.

The thing is, I wanted more kids with Amber. But after this, after Jeremiah, I don't see it ever happening.