chapter seventeen

New story! "Accidentally In Love" !

Kai-

"Lily!" Amber hugs her. I hug her next.

Then my dad. "Hey pops, I say." He pats my back.

I was holding the baby carrier. My dad bends down and says hi to little Dawson.

"Dawson. Dawson Benjamin Corbett." I tell him.

My dads face lights up. "After me?" He asks.

"No, Benjamin Franklin. Of course after you!" I laugh.

My dad hugs Amber. "Your mother would've been proud." He says. "She would've been proud of all of you. Your boys, then your little boy."

Lily has two boys and a boy on the way. I have a boy. It's weird, what happens. "Let's go sit down, I can't stand for too long." Lily finally says.

"So, dad, any ladies these days?" I ask jokingly.

"No, son. Sorry to disappoint. You know it's too soon and I'm too old." He explains.

I snicker. "I like what you've done with the place," Amber says, talking about the house.

"Ah, thanks Michaels." My dad says gratefully. My dad has always called Amber Michaels.

"Where are the boys?" I ask Lily.

"Nick is with his dad and Charlie is with his dad." She explains.

"Ah." I say.

Apparently Lily and Charles, her husband, are getting a divorce. I feel so bad for Lily, where she is going with her life. She has practically three kids with two different men that she isn't even with anymore.

She'll get through this, I know she will.