chapter forty-one

Amber-

I feel like the cycle just goes over and over, with Dawson then Zoe, then with the triplets.

Dawson is 10, Zoe is 9, and the triplets are 4. This is just insane to me.

Late at night, after a fun family night, Kai cuddled up against me in our bed.

"Your birthday is tomorrow." He reminds me.

"Ugh." I say.

"What? You're scared of turning 40?" He jokes.

"I'm turning 38 for your information, and yes, I am a little bit scared. Because that's an end of an era." I tell him.

"Having babies, going to the bar, being hot, being a young mom, skinny jeans, all of that. And so much more." I say, realizing what forty really means.

"Well if your scared about being done making babies, then let's change that." He says sexily.

"What are you saying, Kai?" I ask slowly.

He flips me around. He kisses my cheek. "Let's," then he kisses my other cheek. "Make," then my forehead. "Another baby." He finishes and kisses me in my lips.

"Kai, I was over exaggerating. Remember when I was pregnant with Dawson, and I was scared to have more kids?" I remind him.

"Yah, but now you're married to the guy who knocked you up. Now you have five kids with him. What's five more?"

"Okay, we are not having five more kids." I say.

"I don't feel hot anymore." I admit.

"Amber Gena Corbett? Not hot? I've never heard such nonsense." Kai comforts me.

"Baby fat is so hard to lose, babe. I did it with Zoe. And I felt so sexy after her. But after triplets? I gained 60 pounds from that pregnancy, Kai." I tell him.

"If there were three strippers in a strip bar," He starts.

"Babe!" I say, stopping him.

"Just listen, if you were one of those strippers, and you were up close and personal, I would never guess that you were nearing forty and have five kids. Never." He tells me.

"Thank you." I say.