chapter eighteen

HEY EVERYONE! We hit 200 reads!! Sorry I've been inactive- I've been figuring out what to do with the story, now that the baby is born. I have some ideas!! Thanks so much for reading; it means the world to me. You guys are the best! I would love comments on my parts and also votes. Tell your fiends about my story! Also, I have other stories! Go check them out.

Love, Meredith Mariala

Amber-

I'm young, although I don't feel young enough to have a baby. Kai and I finally finished our house, decorations and all. It's crazy how fast this is all going.

What felt like yesterday I was crying in bed with after I found I was pregnant, now I'm engaged to him with a 6 month old boy in a beautiful house.

He was just my best friend, but now he is my best friend.

I didn't want to try to fit into a tight wedding dress until all my baby fat was gone, but before I knew it, my baby fat is gone and I'm trying on wedding dresses. It's all crazy.

My mom, Carol, Linda, Katherine and Lily.

Lily.

Lily gave birth, and the baby was still born. I was there in the room, and it was dark and lifeless.

That's how Lily became after the birth. I haven't seen her smile since. I couldn't imagine, all the preparation, excitement, just to be taken away by a chord rapped around, or as simple as the heart stopping to beat.

So I invited her to my wedding dress fitting, to try to give her a smile. Not to make it better, but her and her husband just signed divorce papers. So this year has not been a good one for her.

"That one is gorgeous!" Katherine says. She clearly doesn't know my style.

"It's not her-" Carol says. "And she doesn't like it, I can tell by her face.

"I wish I could work off baby fat that fast, you look hot!" Linda says.

It was a mermaid dress, very fitting, and you could see all my curves. I had skinny arms and legs, not that big of a butt and only a little chest. I had a six pack before Dawson.

"What do you think mom?" I ask.

She's holding Dawson on her lap, and playing with him.

"It's beautiful, just not your dress." She says distractedly.

Lily shakes her head and makes a face. That's good enough for now I guess.

This is only the fourth dress I've tried on, I have a lot more. Or so I thought.