chapter eight

Kai-

1 month later

Amber was still sad about Jeremiah. It was hard to prove to her that I was the one when this whole time she was convinced it was him. I went to bring her a juice for breakfast.

"Hey, Amber." She was trying to put on a pair of jeans, that were not fitting her.

Her bump was starting to show. "We find out the gender today." I say.

"I know!" She finally just goes with a skirt, kisses my cheek then grabs the juice. "Thanks babe!" She says. She walks out the door.

"Okay?"

The doctor scanned her stomach. Heart beat. Thank goodness. The doctor waved the wand around. Amber and I waited patiently. She reached her hand out for me to grab it.

"Would you guys like to know the gender?" She asks. Amber nods. I squeeze it harder.

"It's a boy."

It's a boy.

I gave her a peck. She pecked back. "It's a boy, baby!" I say.

After talking to the doctor for a while, Amber finally asked the question. "When can we get a DNA test on the baby?" The doctor takes an awkward step back.

"Do you, do you not know who the father is?" The doctor asks. I shake my head.

"If we got the DNA now, we would have to an exploratory surgery." She informs us.

On our way home, we talk about it.

"Whosever baby it is, it shouldn't matter. I'll be here through it all." I say.

"But shouldn't he know? Should Jeremiah know that he's a father?" She says.

"He told you to leave. That he never wants to see you again." I remind her. "Hey, how about we just wait until he's born." I say.

"I like that." She replies.

"6 more months, Amber." I reassure her.

"6 more months." She says back.

Six more months.