chapter five

Amber-

I immediately look over at Jeremiah. He squeezes my hand. By the looks of my face, I was not very excited. He saw that.

"This is a good thing." He tells me.

I start to think, maybe it is a good thing. Maybe, I can be a great mother with Jeremiah, my great love! But then I see Kai.

Kai Corbett. Kai freaking Corbett!

He has a guilty look on his face that he's trying to hide. We had sex twice and now I'm pregnant.

But who is the father?

I sit in the back seat of Kai's car. I look out the window, watching everything go by in the late night. Jeremiah took his car home. I told him I wanted to talk to Kai. I wasn't lying. Because that's all we did. Talk.

We sat in his bed. "I can't tell him, Kai. I can't!" I said to break the silence. "I can't have a baby right now! I can't do this Kai! I can't do this!" I yell. I start shaking.

He hugs me so tight it calms the shaking. Tears just streamed down my face.

"I love you, Amber."

It kept playing over and over again. "What if I don't know. What if I don't know if I love you?" I ask.

"Then I'll wait. I wait for you, Amber. You're my best friend. You are the love of my life. And what if you're the mother of my child? Wouldn't that be so much better to have this baby with someone who loves you, Amber?" He asks.

"Kai, I love Jeremiah. And he loves me back."

"So you don't love me?" Kai slowly pulls away.

My arms ring around his neck. My hands now on his cheeks, I kiss him. He kisses me back. Our foreheads touch.

"I love you too." The words come out of my mouth.