two

S O O - Y O U N G

The four of us were at the mall, eating ice cream, when I got a call from a number that I wasn't familiar with. We all pause what we were doing and stared down at my phone. I look up and their eyes were on me.

"Answer it." Wonwoo says while the other two nod their head in agreement.

I clear my throat and press 'accept' before putting the phone up to my ear.

"여보세요? (Hello)" I spoke into the phone.

"Good Afternoon. This is Park Soo-young, correct?" The familiar voice asks.

"Yes, this is she." I reply back.

The three boys look at me with curiosity, wondering who I could be on the phone with.

"I'm Ms.Son. Mr.Kim's secretary, calling from Carat incorporation, about the position for the assistant. You got the job." She tells me and my eyes go wide.

"Wow, I cant believe it!" I say happily.

"Since Mr.Kim is in need of a helping hand, he would like for you to start tomorrow. You will need to come up to my office at nine am so we can go over a couple of things and then you will be able to have a little tour around the company." She informs me.

"Nine AM. Tomorrow. Your office. Got it."

"Great, we look forward to work with you. Welcome to the team, Ms.Park."

"Thank you so much!" I say happily before hanging up the call.

I smile widely and jump up from my seat, doing a little happy dance.

"What happened?" Vernon asked.

"왜? (Why)" Wonwoo asked.

"Who was it?" Joshua asked at the same time as Wonwoo.

"I got the job!" I say happily.

"That's great!" Joshua smiled.

"Congrats!" Vernon says.

Wonwoo gives me a hug and smiled happily at the news.

"I need to go shopping for work clothes!" I say.

"Okay well, lets go." Joshua laughs.

We left the mall after spending two and a half hours shopping. Vernon has dropped me off not too long ago and now I am sitting on my couch, in the living room with a face mask on while I watch my K-drama.

I've finished putting all of my new clothes and shoes away so now I'm just chilling in my living room. I was way too full from eating at the mall earlier so all I had to do was brush my teeth and then I could go to sleep, besides taking off my face mask.

My drama just finished so, I decided to pick out what to wear tomorrow just to pass time since I had to leave my face mask on for a couple more minutes. I grabbed the black velvet material blazer that I purchased today and hung it on my clothing rack.

I wanted to make a good first impression towards all of my colleagues so that I will have a much more easier and pleasant time working at the company. Once I set everything out, I went into my bathroom and took off my face mask. After rubbing the face mask residue into my skin, I brushed my teeth.

I wash my mouth clean and wipe my lips with a washcloth. I shut my bathroom light off and slid into bed.

I finished getting ready and it was already eight o'clock AM.

~  ~  ~

I got into my black Hyundai and drove towards the company. I'm a bit nervous since I don't know how the CEO will be and I don't know who the boss even is. All I know is that he goes by Mr.Kim.

I talked to the security guard again and he let me in. I went up to floor number seventeen and made my way to Ms.Son's office. she greeted me and I politely bowed to her.

"Ms.Park, I have your ID card here along with a notebook and planner for you." She says while pointing at her desk.

"감사합니다. (Thank you)" I smile at her.

She informed me that my ID card will help me get in, out, and around the building, so I should wear it at all times when I come to work. She wants me to organize a schedule for
Mr.Kim. She hands me a schedule and I see that it has information for what days I work and what time I should be here at.

"Now that I've shared all that information with you, I will now take you to Mr.Kim's office." She tells me and I nod while following behind her.

We go down to the long hallway and stop in front of his double doors. She knocks twice and we hear a voice telling us to enter. She opens the door for me and I walk in. We stood in front of his desk and he looked up from his laptop.

"Hello Ms.Park, it's great to finally meet you." He smiled with his hands folded on his desk.

"Good morning! I'm glad to be here, Mr.Kim." I say with a bow.

"That's good to hear. Please, take a seat." He potions to the chair in front of his desk.

Ms. Son bows before leaving and I'm left with my handsome boss. He looks very young for a CEO. He smells really good. He clears his throat and I blink a couple times, realizing that I was staring at him for too long. Whoops...

"I've set up your desk over there." He says and points to the corner of the room.

There was a nice glass desk and there were papers, pens, and other typical office supplies. I walked towards my desk and there sat a white box in the middle.

"It's a welcoming gift." He spoke.

I pick up the box and take off the cover, revealing a silver iPad mini. My mouth dropped open and I looked towards him.

"Mr.Kim...." I said, clearly speechless.

He just smiled, satisfied that I liked the gift. I thanked him and took it out of its box since he told me that i'm gonna need it.

"Now, I'm going to give you a quick tour around the company." He tells me and I nod while smiling.

He stood up and began to walk towards the door. I quickly pulled it open and he chuckled at me. He bows his head as he walks past me and I noticed how tall he was.