thirty-five

S O O - Y O U N G

I wake up from my alarm blaring in my ear and I stir around in my bed, annoyed from the sudden noise that woke me up from my slumber. I huff out in annoyance and feel around my bed for my phone so that I can stop the loud alarm from making anymore noise.

The door to my bedroom opens and Vernon comes walking in with a glass of water in one hand and some pills in the other. I sit up and my head starts pounding. I groan in pain and hold my hand out so that Vernon can give me the medicine.

I pop them into my mouth and chase it with water so that it's easier to swallow. As I do so, Vernon is staring at me worriedly, watching my every move. I thank him before deciding to get up from my bed.

 I thank him before deciding to get up from my bed

~  ~  ~

"Where's everyone?" I ask him as I pull my hair up into a ponytail.

"They all left an hour ago." He informs me as I follow him out into the kitchen.

I make a mental remainder to text them later just to make sure that they're alright. We all drank last night but Irene and Yeri only had a few drinks so, I don't think they were drunk.

"What time is it?" I yawn.

"It's seven thirty." He checks his watch. "I made you breakfast." He adds.

I inhale the scent of kimchi and it instantly triggers something in me. I run to the bathroom and begin to puke out the fluids that I have consumed last night. I clutch my stomach and start puking again.

I get up from my bathroom floor after knowing that I don't feel the need to puke anymore and rinsed my mouth with water. Why did I drink so much?!

"I think you should call in sick today." Vernon says as I come out of the bathroom.

I shake my head, "I'm fine." I tell him.

He raised a brow at me and scoffed. "Oh yeah, it's not like you were just puking or anything." Vernon sarcastically says to me while shrugging his shoulders.

"I'm going to work." I sigh as I take a seat at the table and began to eat.

I shut my eyes and silently groan as I walk towards the office. I just have to push through it. After a couple of hours, I can go home. Once I'm finished lying to myself, I walk in and do my best to look like i'm not about to throw up all over the place.

"Soo-young?" Mingyu sounded surprised that I was here.

"Good morning, Mr.Kim." I bow to him.