five

S O O - Y O U N G

Tomorrow was the barbecue that Wonwoo was hosting. Vernon had left for L.A. two days ago which meant that he was going to miss the little part

He had to shoot something for Calvin Klein and I felt really envious since that's one of my favorite brands though, he promised to bring me back some merch so that made me happy.

He won't be coming back till Monday. Six whole days without his annoying ass, is a blessing! I'm totally kidding, I miss my bestfriend already.

It's a good thing Joshua and Seungkwan were free tomorrow. I also invited Yeri, my bestfriend. Yes, I know I call Vernon my bestfriend but, the three of us are really close which is why I call the both of them that.

I was sitting at my desk, going through Mr.Kim's emails while he attended a meeting for their new proposal. I hit send, responding to one of the emails and pushed myself out of my chair.

It's now time for lunch break and I wanted to try the 어묵 (Korean Fishcakes) that were down the street. Since I was too lazy to carry my purse I just took my wallet and made my way down to the lobby.

M I N G Y U

I just finished my meeting which was held at a different company that I have a partnership with. Since my dad is friends with this company, we became alliances and are currently working on a new project.

I walked into my building and politely greeted everyone that I walked past. I got into the empty elevator and pressed the seventeen button.

I held my hands behind my back while staring straight ahead, waiting for elevator to take me to my designated floor. As the doors began to slowly close, I get a glimpse of someone walking past me. Although, it wasn't just anyone. It was Soo-young.

 It was Soo-young

~  ~  ~

I was about to call out for her but the elevator doors shut right before I could even speak. I sigh and feel the elevator moving. I check my watch and remembered that it's Soo-young's lunch break right now. I guess i'll just have to wait for her to get back.

S O O - Y O U N G

I finally reached the little stand, where the old man was selling fish cakes and immediately spotted a familiar face.

"슬기 언니! (Seulgi Unnie)" I call for her.

"Oh, Soo-young! Hi!" She says with her mouth slightly full.

I smile and order some of my own before joining her, standing beside of the stand.

"Did your lunch break just start?" She asks me as I hold the skewer up to my mouth.

I nod to her as I take a bite. The fish cakes were so good that I hummed in satisfaction while my eyes widen in surprise. She laughs at my reaction.

"Hey, are you free tomorrow?" I ask her after swallowing my food.

She thinks for a moment before nodding.

"Do you want to come to a barbecue? My cousin is hosting it." I tell her.

"Ah, Seungkwan was talking to me about that." She tells me.

"You know Seungkwan?" I ask her.

"He was very kind and helped me out once I joined the company." She tells me. "We're good friends."

We both finished our fish cakes and Seulgi had to head back to work since her lunch break was over. Before she left, we exchanged numbers. Since it's only been ten minutes I decided to go to my favorite bakery shop which was a five minute walk from here.

Cake sounds really good right now. The cute little bakery came into view and I quickened my pace. Once I entered the shop, my eyes immediately scanned the cakes that were placed inside the glass display case.

I spot the red velvet cake covered in vanilla cream and topped with strawberries. Mouth began to water at the sight of it so I asked the worker for two slices to go. I hope Mr.Kim likes red velvet.

"I love red velvet!" He said happily.

I smiled at his excitement. I love how I unknowingly got his favorite cake for him. I mentally pat myself on the back and took a seat at my desk. Mr.Kim has already taken a bite of his cake and he happily chewed while he had is eyes closed.

I cut my cake with a fork and shoved the piece into my mouth. My reaction was the same as his. Damn, this cake was really good.

"Where did you get this?" He asks me.

"The bakery down the street." I tell him before shoving another piece into my mouth.

"This is so good, I think that place is going to become my favorite, even though I have never been there before." He says.

My eyebrows furrow but realization hit me once I understood how he's never been there before. The bakery is literally less than ten minutes away from this building yet, he cant even manage to leave his office. That shows how busy this man is. I began to feel bad for him.

He must never have time to relax or meet up with his friends. I watch as he continues to happily eat the cake and for some reason it makes me happy.

I don't know much about this man but, I hope I can do my job and assist him whenever he needs my help. Let's hope I do a good job at being his assistant.