thirty-one

S O O - Y O U N G

~ ~ ~

It's day two being a red head and I actually styled it for once. [ look at gif above for reference ]

It was everyone's day-off so we decided to have a pool party. Also, my dad insisted to cook for us which we were ecstatic about because he makes delicious food. A honk makes me jump and look up from my phone. I notice Vernon's car parked next to the curb, in front of me.

"I've been calling you're name for the past two minutes." He says with his eyebrows knitted together.

"Sorry!" I apologize while getting into his car.

"Did you not hear my car pull up?" He asked while turning out of the parking lot.

"No, I was too busy online shopping." I laugh at him.

"Ugh, women." He says while jokingly rolling his eyes.

"Hey!" I slap his shoulder with the back of my left hand.

"I was kidding!" He chuckles while holding his hands up in surrender as we stop at a red light.

We had to stop by the grocery store to get some more ingredients for the barbecue before heading back to the house.

We just got back to the house and my dad was setting up the grill while Wonwoo was prepping all the food with Joshua.

"I can put everything away." I tell Vernon as he places the last grocery bag on the countertop.

"You sure?" He asks.

"Yup. My dad probably needs some assistance." I tell him and he nods before disappearing off into the backyard.

I put all the ice cream cones in the freezer and then the canned drinks in the fridge, along with some other snacks that we will be able to enjoy later. My phone dings twice from my pocket, once I close the fridge, I check to see what it was.

Mingyu:
I'm here.
Can you open the door for me?

Soo-young:
Can't you just ring the doorbell??

Mingyu:
No, I want to see you first.

Soo-young:
Ugh, you make my life so difficult.
Coming.

I quietly open the door and let him into the house. I pull him into the kitchen with me and he immediately embraces me in a hug. He then lifts me up and I instinctively wrap my legs around his torso.