twenty-one

i'm gonna do another time skip again, just to make things more interesting for y'all.

S O O - Y O U N G

It was Christmas morning and everyone was gathered around in the living room of my cousin's home. We were sat on the large couch that he owned and unwrapped all of our gifts that we got each other. Everyone was beaming with joy at the end of it.

We all thanked one another and had of us began to clean up, while the other half went into the kitchen to prepare breakfast. I went into the guest room, which was upstairs, and put my big bag of gifts near the bed.

I turn around to head back down stairs but, I suddenly come in contact with someone's body. I jump from being startled and nearly let out a yelp. Though, I instantly slap my hand over my mouth once I realize the person standing in front of me is Mingyu.

"Yah!" I slap him on the chest, "What are you don't up here?!" I whisper shout, paranoid that someone will hear us.

"Sorry, I just wanted to give you your present." He tells me while reaching into his pocket to pull out a black, velvet box.

"You didn't have to get me anything." I pout while looking up at him.

"I know but, I just saw it and thought it would look perfect on you." He explains while handing me the little box.

I stare at the box in my hands for a moment before deciding to slowly open it, revealing the beautiful necklace. The dainty jewelry was shining in the light and my heart clenched at the sight. It was probably really expensive. I give him a peck on the cheek as a sign of appreciation.

"Can you help me put it on?" I ask him eagerly.

He nods and gently takes the necklace out of its case. Once it's on, I look in the mirror and my eyes are focused on the necklace. I could see Mingyu smiling from over my shoulder.

"Do you like it?" He asks me.

I nod my head vigorously, "I love it!" I tell him.

"I'm glad." He says before kissing my forehead.

My heart melts at that and I pull him into a hug. My arms securely wrap around his torso while I bury my face into his chest, taking in his scent. After staying in that position for a while I pull away once I realize that all of our friends are downstairs, probably waiting for us.

"You should go down now before they start wondering where you went." I tell him while taking a step back.

"I just asked Wonwoo if I could use the bathroom and he pointed to the upstairs one." Mingyu shrugs.

"Okay well I have to change so, I'm gonna need you to get out." I tell him.

"Oh no, I need to stay for this!" He says excitedly while taking a seat on the bed.

I stare at him for a second before grabbing his ear and pulling him towards the door.

"Ahh! Okay, Okay!" He whisper shouts while walking out reluctantly.

I shut the bedroom door, making sure sure it's locked before changing out of my pajamas and into a decent outfit for Christmas pictures.