six

S O O - Y O U N G

I woke up in a very good mood which rarely happens. Today was the barbecue at Wonwoo's house and I just finished getting ready. Seulgi shared her location with me and I'm about to leave my apartment to go and get her.

I grab my little duffel off of my bed and make sure that everything is tidy before I leave. I was spending the night at my cousins' house and Vernon allowed me to sleep in his room since he was gone, which I kindly appreciated.

I get into my car, placing my duffel bag and purse in the backseat before putting fastening my seatbelt. I plugged my phone into the aux and played some music as I made my ten minute journey to Seulgi's house. I texted her saying that I was on my way so that she was prepared once I arrived.

I parked my car in my cousins' spacious driveway and grabbed my bags before getting out and locking the doors to my car. I walked towards the door with Seulgi trailing behind me. I ring the doorbell and seconds later the door opens, revealing Seungkwan. He invites us in with a welcoming smile.

"Wonwoo is outback with the rest of the guys." Seungkwan informs me while gesturing with his thumb.

I nod and head upstairs towards Vernon's room to put my bags down. It was surprisingly clean and organized which made me sigh in relief. I thought I was gonna walk into a landfill or something.

Okay, that was a bit dramatic but sometimes he becomes careless and leaves all of his shit everywhere. I make sure to shut his door behind me as I leave to go downstairs and meet the others in the backyard.

I slide the glass door open and immediately spot Wonwoo grilling some meat. I give him a quick side hug before waving at Joshua who was laying on a big duck floaty, in the pool. I spot Yeri sitting at the picnic table and I smile widely.

"Yeri!" I shout while embracing into a tight hug.

"Hey bestfriend!" She says happily while hugging me back with the same exact force.

I pull away from her. I haven't seen this bitch in like, two months since she's busy with her college life and helping out with her family's restaurant. As I'm talking to my bestfriend, I look over her shoulder and see someone submerge from underwater.

"Hoshi?" I call out.

The man pushes his wet hair out of his face before looking in my direction.

"Hey, Soo-young!" He smiles at me.

I wave at him before bringing my attention back to Yeri. I start telling her about my new job and brought up Seulgi. I call her over to us and I introduce them to each other. The three of us shared a lot of things in common which wasn't surprising for me and Yeri since we were best friends.

The two of them seemed to get along pretty well which made me very happy. I left the two of them to bond more and stood beside my cousin, watching him flip the pork belly.

"Mingyu should be here soon." He announces as he glances at the time on my phone.

Mingyu? I've never met a friend of theirs named Mingyu. My mind clouds with curiosity but, I am snapped out of my thoughts when Wonwoo calls my name.

"Hm?" I ask him.

"Can you grab me another plate?" He asks again.

I nod and quickly retrieve a plate from the kitchen. I bring the plate back to him and Seungkwan is now taking over the grill. I head inside and take a seat on the couch, in the living room before turning the TV on.

While You Were Sleeping was on and I comfortably lay back in my seat. Wonwoo joins me on the couch so that he could watch too.

We were so into the drama that when we hear the doorbell go off, we both flinch. We glance at door for a second before Wonwoo decides to get up and see who it was. I redirect my attention back to the TV, completely ignoring the guest that Wonwoo greeted.

M I NG Y U

"Hey, bro! You finally made it." My bestfriend greets me.

"Hey! Sorry i'm late, I had to make a quick stop at the company." I tell him.

"Don't worry about it, Seungkwan just finished cooking. Come on in." He says while moving aside.

I walk in and take my shoes off before I step foot into the living room. I notice someone sitting on the couch and I walk closer to realize that it's Soo-young. She looked so focused on the drama that she didn't even realize that I was here until Wonwoo came into her view.

She glances at me for a second before looking back at the TV. I stifle a laugh as I see her eyebrows furrow in confusion. She quickly turned back to look at me again and her eyes go wide.

"H-hello, Mr.Kim." She quickly shot up from her seat to bow.

Wonwoo and I both let out a laugh.

"You don't have to greet me so formally, we aren't at work right now." I smiled at her.

"O-oh, right..." She laughed nervously.

Wonwoo motions for me to go out on the deck where everyone else was.

"Is he the same age as you, Oppa?" Soo-young asks Wonwoo as she follows behind us.

"Yeah, We're both twenty-two." He responds.

She just nods and stares at the floor in deep thought.

"Outside of work you can call me Mingyu." I tell her.

She gives me a small smile and we take our seat at the bench with everyone else. Sadly, I didn't get to sit next to her. Although, I did have a good view of her from where I was sitting so that made me happy.

As we ate, I didn't hesitate to steal a couple glances at her. I watched as she laughed so beautifully whenever Seungkwan would make a joke.

S O O - Y O U N G

We finished eating not too long ago and right now everyone was having fun by the pool. I went inside to grab everyone's towels since I was the only one who was dry.

I took the stack of towels out from the storage closet and brought them back outside. I place them down on the table. I look around and my eyes instantly land on Mr.Kim, or should I say, Mingyu.

~  ~  ~

~  ~  ~

He was soaking wet from head to toe. I couldn't help but stare at his biceps as he pulled himself out of the water. He fixed the shades sitting on his face and ran his fingers through his wet hair.

I eventually look away, even though I wanted to stare at him all day. I just didn't wanna get caught while I was checking him out.

here's a little update for y'all!!! enjoy :)