fourteen

S O O - Y O U N G

Mingyu asked me to attend the meeting for him since he had to meet with his dad. I went to floor six while he went up to his office. Hopefully I can get as much information as I can for him, so that he will be all caught up for the next meeting.

M I N G Y U

I don't know why my dad wants to see me but it better be good because he just cöck blocked me earlier and now I am missing an important meeting.

I spot my father and a man standing outside of my door. I approach them and they both turn to look at me.

"Hello, Mr.Yoon." I greet him with a respectful bow.

"Mingyu-ah, it's nice to see you again!" He says.

I smile at him and look at my dad. "What brings you two here?" I ask.

"We wanted to come and visit you at work but, it seems like you're busy." My father replies.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I had some things to take care of." I lie to them.

"It's fine, Mr.Yoon and I are going to have some tea." My dad spoke.

"Alright. It was great seeing you, sir." I tell the man before they walk off towards the elevator.

I enter my office and freeze in my spot once I notice somebody sitting on my desk.

"Did you miss me?" She smirks while standing up.

I clench my jaw and ball my fists.

"No, why would I?" I ask coldly.

"Aw, come on baby. Don't be like that." She pouts while approaching me.

I glare at her and she reaches up to touch my cheek but I swiftly move to the side and walk past her. She scoffs before turning around and looking at me.

"That's no way to treat your girlfriend." She says, slightly offended by my actions.

"Girlfriend?" I snort. "Don't be ridiculous." I tell her as I place my phone on top of my desk.

"Just accept it. Our fathers want us together so we might as well give them what they want." I hear her say from behind me.

I roll my eyes and decide not to say anything to her. She spins me around and pushes me against my desk.

"So-rim." I say warningly.

She leans in to kiss me but I grip her by the shoulders to stop her.

"Don't." I grit out.

The door opens and I look over her shoulder to see who entered. I feel my heart drop once I see who it is. Soo-young. I can see her smile falter a little but she quickly bows, apologizing to me.

"I'm so sorry, I should've knocked." She rushes her words before trying to walk back out.

"N-no you're fine, she was just about to leave." I tell her while pulling So-rim towards the door.

Soo-young steps aside and I quickly walk past her with a tight grip on my ex-girlfriend's wrist. I lightly shut the door and turn to So-rim.

"Leave. I have work to do." I grit through my teeth.

"Who's she?!" So-rim questions.

"Why does it matter? Go." I tell her, I was annoyed by her persistence.

"Not until you tell me who that bïtch is." She says angrily.

"My assistant. Now leave." I say firmly while giving her a hard stare.

Her eyebrows furrow and she scoffs before walking away. I let out a deep breathe, composing myself before walking back into my office. Soo-young doesn't look up from her laptop and I walk back to my desk.

S O O - Y O U N G

I don't know who that girl was but, they seem really close. Maybe it was his girlfriend. It looked like they were about to kiss and I probably ruined the moment.

I didn't know someone was going to be in here with him. I just really hope he's not mad. I typed out a summary of what went on at the meeting and printed it out for him. I also emailed him the notes that I took and things that he needs to fix or improve.

I was told to give it to him as soon as possible, so that he can go over the information and get back to the team. Though, it doesn't seem like he's in a good mood right now. After minutes of deciding what to do, I get up from my seat and walk towards his desk.

"Mr.Kim, here's information from today's meeting." I say while placing the small stack of papers on his desk.

He looks at the papers and then up at me.

"I also emailed a document to you." I tell him.

"Thank you, Soo-young." He smiles at me.

I nod my head at him and he lets out a sigh.

"I'm sorry about earlier." He spoke softly.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and I looked up at him. Why is he apologizing? He didn't do anything wrong.

"Don't be, it was my fault. I should've knocked first." I tell him.

Before he could say a word, his landline began to ring and I took it as my cue to go back to my desk so he could answer the call.

it's time i brought some drama into this. i hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. thanks for taking time out of your day to read my book, it really means a lot to me! also, your comments make me so happy! i appreciate every single one of you ❤️ - j