sixteen

S O O - Y O U N G

I was now on my lunch break with Wendy and Seulgi. We were sitting in a pizza parlor, sharing a large box of bbq chicken pizza. I told them about the drama that happened earlier. I was no longer in Mr.Kim's shirt since my cousin had brought me a change of clothes.

"What the fück?! She sounds crazy." Seulgi says with wide eyes.

"She's Mr.Yoon's daughter." Wendy informs us.

"So she's the girl that CEO Kim dated?" Seulgi asks her.

I begin to grow curious and my ears perk up, waiting for Wendy to answer Seulgi's question.

"Yup, Yoon So-Rim is the same crazy bïtch that he dated before." Wendy answers.

"Why would he date someone like her?" I ask.

"I think it's because both their fathers are good friends." Wendy said.

Seulgi and I nod understandingly at that. It makes much more sense now. I just thought So-Rim was his really possessive girlfriend or something but, it made me feel at ease that she's not.

Though, knowing that they had history before made me jealous. Why though? Do I possibly like him? My boss, Mr.Kim? That sounds ridiculous. I shouldn't. I don't. I won't....hopefully.

M I N G Y U

I will.

I need to tell her. It's nearly been two months and I don't think I can hold back anymore. My thoughts were interrupted from my door closing shut. I turn to look and make eye contact with Soo-young.

She flashes me a smile and I feel my heart start to beat faster. I take a deep breath and stood up slowly from my seat. I stand in front of my desk and clear my throat before speaking.

"Soo-young." I call out.

She looks up at me with raised eyebrows, waiting for me to speak. I begin to grow nervous and I start to nervously fidget with my hands.

"Uh...I–can we t–talk for a sec?" I stutter.

She giggles at me and nods before standing up. That was so cute, my heart hurts. We both take a seat on my couch and I take a deep breathe before speaking.

"S-so, I've been wanting to tell you this for a while now." I start off.

She nods for me to continue.

"Now I know this might be little out of the blue but, I need to say this now because I don't know if I can keep it in much longer." I say.

I stare down at my hands nervously. Holyshït, this is probably the scariest thing i've ever done. I don't even think i've been this nervous before. Here goes nothing...

"I like you...and I know it might sound crazy since I don't know much about you but, I wanna get to know you. You make me feel something that's indescribable. I get so happy coming to work everyday knowing that I get to see you. I feel better whenever I see you." I confess to her.

"I love everything about you, from your smile, to your laugh, and just your presence in general. You're so hard working and I admire that about you. Now, I know you may not feel the same way and I don't expect you to...but, I want to be able to be by your side. So, I hope you give me a chance." I say while grabbing her hands in mine and looking into her eyes.

She stares back at me, completely astonished at what I just said to her. She's trying to process everything.

"I–I really don't know what to say.." She says while looking completely speechless.

"I know, you don't have to give me an answer right away. I just needed to get this off my chest." I tell her.

"I just...need to figure out my feelings first." She says.

I nod and slowly let go of her hands. I can't believe I just did that and I do not regret it one bit. I feel a weight being lifted off of my shoulders. It's definitely one of the best feelings ever. Now that she knows, I don't have to hide anything anymore.

S O O - Y O U N G

I'm still shook at the fact that Mr.Kim confessed to me. He was being one hundred percent serious. I really can't believe it. This is so much to take in. So many thoughts are running through my mind right now, I don't know what to feel.

The rest of the day, all I could think about was him. His words continuously replaying through my mind as I did paperwork. How does he expect me to be okay after everything he's said to me? I can barely focus nor function properly. I could feel him stealing glances at me while I tried to work and he wasn't even trying to be slick about it.

another short äss chapter. sorry, i'll make sure to make the next chapter longer for y'all. my algebra 2 finals are coming up soon and i need to study for that so i may not be able to update so frequently next week. - j