thirty-two

S O O - Y O U N G

"You're up early." I look at my cousin, shocked to see him up at six a.m.

"I was craving cereal." He shrugs.

I nod while spreading some strawberry jam on my toast.

"Where's Mingyu?" He asks and I suddenly freeze.

"I don't know." I lie, "Didn't he leave last night?" I ask him.

"No, I'm pretty sure he was with you." Wonwoo says, looking through the fridge.

"What do you mean?" I act confused.

"I saw you guys kissing last night." He bluntly says.

I drop the butter knife onto the table and my eyes shoot up to look at him, only to realize that Wonwoo is already staring at me.

"I know he's with So-rim for publicity." He confesses.

"H–how do y-" I stutter, completely shocked at what he's saying to me.

"I'm his best friend, he tells me everything." He pours the milk into his bowl filled of coco puffs.

I didn't know how to respond to him. I was completely dumbfounded at this point.

"Whatever's going on between you two...it needs to end." He says in a stern tone, "If you guys get caught..." He trails off.

I slump down in my seat, letting his words sink in. I know this isn't right but, I feel so content with him.

"I just don't want you to get hurt, Soo-young." He gives me a sad smile.

"I know, I know." I nod understandingly.

"Don't worry, everything will work out. I can tell by the way he looks at you." He smiles.

"Wrong timing I guess." I sigh.

Wonwoo nods his head, "But knowing him, he'll fight for you." He pats my head.

"Wonwoo?" I ask before looking at him.

"Hm?" He questions while chewing his breakfast.

"Thank you." I tell him.

He smiles at me, "Anytime, Sooyoung-ah."

My dad walks in and looks at the two of us questioningly.

"What just happened?" He asks.

"Nothing." We both say in unison which caused both of us to laugh.

"You two have matured so much, I'm so proud." My dad says while wiping a fake tear from his eye.

I scoff and roll my eyes at him. At this moment, I felt at peace. Being able to hang out with my dad and my cousin, just like the old times. Items a nostalgic feeling. I wish my dad visited more often. I'll surely cherish this moment.

Wonwoo and I made it to work and we just parted ways once the elevator dropped him off to his floor.

"파이팅! (Fighting)" He cheered before leaving me alone in the elevator.

I waved him goodbye and once the doors closed, I let out a nervous sigh, bracing myself for what was about to happen. You got this, Soo-young. The doors of the elevator opened and I slowly walked towards the office, my heart beating faster as I got closer to the doors.