Chapter 19

Jordan's point of view

I hadn't slept much during the night, tossing and turning and having nightmares, I wasn't sure whether they were memories or just nightmares. It consisted of the same thing both nights, id wake up screaming in a cold sweat, the doctors never came in knowing what would be happening, id laid alone again listening to the irritating, constant beeping of the monitor. The same dream had occurred for the past two nights, I had been walking home in the dark, id spent the day with Jace and he had to be somewhere so I had to walk alone, I was being followed by a man in jeans and a hoodie, his hood up and covering his eyes, I could only make out his nose and lips, his nose was small and his lips a light shade of pink, his jawline was very distinct and bold with slight stubble, admittedly I was scared, I was terrified, I got to the apartment block and walked in, assuming he'd not followed me in, I walked to the front door and opened it, I heard footsteps and reached into my pocket for my phone, as I was unlocking it to dial Holly's number I felt something strike my head and everything went black. That's how my nightmares went, so it had now hit 2 in the afternoon and I hadn't heard from Holly or Taylor all day. The doctors had been in and out of my room running tests since 6am and I was getting bored. My phone no longer entertaining me, I left Holly about 4 text messages and Taylor 3, but neither of them had replied. I was playing a game on my phone when a text message came through, but not from who I was expecting, it was an unknown number and what it read scared me

"If you don't pay up, your little friends won't be around much longer. It your fault Jace is dead and so you're going to pay, watch out." I locked my phone and put it on the side by my bed, at this moment conveniently Holly and Taylor walked in brandishing a bag full of Tacos, id assumed some were for me, smiling as convincingly as I could I greeted Holly and Taylor "hey, where have you guys been? I've texted you and had no reply" I said agitated slightly "sorry our phones have been off, we were visiting the apartment remember?" Replied Holly as she made her way to the chair that she had now practically made hers "oh, was it a nice one?" I asked suddenly interested in the conversation, my mind still stuck on the daunting message id received not to long before they'd arrived "well it was spacious, very nicely decorated and well we bought it" Taylor smiled to me brightly, I turned to Holly a look of shock on my face, the smile on her face said it all and at that moment I knew id like the apartment. After that I went silent, I tried not to make it obvious that something was up but I didn't succeed and was soon asked what had happened, what was wrong with me, I contemplated lying, but after years of being best friends with Holly I knew she wouldn't believe me, so instead I grabbed my phone, unlocked it and pulled up the text message and handed Holly my phone.

Holly's point of view

I took Jordan's phone and looked at the screen, a text message from an unknown number displayed on the screen, as I read it my jaw clenched and my lips sealed in a tight line, I was so mad, I thought that because Jace was gone that this was all over, but clearly not, I looked over to Taylor who was watching me in concern, I handed we the mobile and stood up, I paced the room and was trying to think reasonably, phone the police or forget about it, I knew what the right decision to make was, of course to phone the police, I knew Jordan wouldn't agree, but I looked at Taylor and she gave me a slight nod, knowing what I was thinking, I grabbed my mobile and made my way out of the room ignoring Jordan's calls, I knew Taylor would keep her calm and speak to her about it, but I couldn't risk putting Taylor, Jordan or myself in danger, I left the hospital doors and made my way to the car to get away from the screams of the crowd of fans, I locked the doors and dialled the police, I was on the phone for at least 30 minutes, the police told me they were going to come to the hospital to question Jordan along with me and Taylor tomorrow.

I got out of the car and made my way back into the hospital, signing fans pictures that they asked and taking some pictures with others, I then walked into the hospital waving to the fans and then made my way up to Jordan's room. I entered the room and sat back in my usual chair, letting the silence consume the three of us before I finally cleared my throat and spoke "so the police have said that they are going to come in and question the three of us tomorrow" I said as I fiddled with my fingers looking at Taylor the whole time not looking at Jordan scared of what she'd say "well thanks" I heard come from Jordan's mouth, I knew she'd be pissed at me but I was concerned for the safety of all of us.

Taylor's point of view

"I think you guys should leave, I'm tired and I just want to sleep" Jordan mumbled uncomfortably, but the anger that leaked through told Holly that it was a good time to leave "we will be back tomorrow, but please just remember I was thinking about all of our safety" Holly spoke confidently and firmly, but you could hear the sadness that came from her mouth, the emotion evident on her face "come on Taylor, let's go, I wanna go home" Holly mumbled to me quietly and timidly, she made her way around the bed to me and I grabbed her hand "We'll see you tomorrow Jordan, get some rest, you look tired" I said before I followed Holly out of the door and down the corridor, the silence filled between us and I knew that Holly was now battling with herself and beating herself up about what she'd just done "look listen" I spoke softly as I stopped in the middle of the corridor and turned her to look at me "you guys are best friends, you can't stay away from each other and you're always together, nothing will stop you two from being friends, not even this, she's just scared that's all, and she needs you, so stop beating yourself up about it, I bet she'll text you later and you guys will be fine tomorrow, she can't do this in her own, you and I both know that" I told her truthfully, she was trying not to cry, her eyes glassy, she looked broken and it killed me, I pulled her into a tight embrace and she wrapped her arms around my torso tightly "everything will be okay" I whispered into her hair as I kissed her forehead.

"Let's get out of here, maybe go to the movies or bowling, I wanna have fun and do something different" Holly said to me enthusiasm masking her hurt, had I of not known her so well, she could've fooled me, I intertwined our hands and we walked to the car together, got in buckled our belts and turned the radio off pulling out of the car park and made our way home.